Luxury Getaway Awaits: Unforgettable Stay at Best Western Plus Ruston!

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States

Luxury Getaway Awaits: Unforgettable Stay at Best Western Plus Ruston!

Luxury Getaway Awaits: More Like Almost Paradise at the Best Western Plus Ruston (My Honest Take!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at the Best Western Plus Ruston, and honey, it was… an experience. Let's just say it wasn't quite the "Luxury Getaway" implied in the title, but it definitely had its moments. And trust me, I’m not holding back.

SEO & Metadata, Ya Know:

  • Keywords: Best Western Plus Ruston, Ruston Hotels, Louisiana Hotels, Accessible Rooms, Pool, Spa, Fitness Center, Free Wi-Fi, Restaurant, Business Travel, Family-Friendly, Reviews, Hotel Review, Travel Blog
  • Meta Description: Honest review of the Best Western Plus Ruston in Louisiana. Details on accessibility, amenities like the spa and pool, cleanliness, dining, and overall experience. Find out if it's worth the stay!

Alright, now that the boring bit is out of the way, let’s dive in!

The Arrival & Accessibility – Not a Smooth Entry (But We Made it Work!)

First impressions matter, and this one was… a little bumpy. I’m looking for full accessibility, and while the website claimed to have accessible amenities, the reality was a bit more… nuanced.

  • Accessibility: They do have accessible rooms, which is a massive plus, and I saw ramps everywhere. Still, maneuvering through the hallways felt a little tight in my electric wheelchair.
  • Elevator: The elevator was a godsend. Thank goodness for that!
  • Front Desk: The staff were mostly helpful, but there were a few moments where I felt like I was explaining the basics of accessibility. They were nice, though, eventually. You know? Southern charm and all that.

Okay, let's be honest, it wasn't perfect. The ramps could have been a little wider, and maybe a few more automatic doors wouldn't have hurt. But hey, at least they were trying. Points for effort, Best Western!

My Room – The Good, the Meh, and the "Did They Forget This Was Supposed to be Luxury?"

My room was a mixed bag, but ultimately, it wasn't a disaster.

  • Available in All Rooms: Air conditioning (thank goodness!), Alarm clock (because who doesn't need to be jolted awake these days?), Bathrobes (YES!), Bathroom phone (intriguing… I never actually used it), Bathtub/Shower, Blackout curtains (a lifesaver!), Carpeting (a little dated, to be honest), Closet (adequate), Coffee/tea maker (essential!), Complimentary tea (nice touch), Daily housekeeping (appreciated!), Desk (functional), Extra long bed (plenty of space!), Free bottled water (always a win!), Hair dryer (standard), High floor (lovely!), In-room safe box (yay for security!), Internet access – wireless (crucial!), Ironing facilities (never used it), Laptop workspace (useful), Linens (seemed clean!), Mini bar (well-stocked, almost too well-stocked), Mirror (plenty of them!), Non-smoking (important!), On-demand movies (classic), Private bathroom (always a plus!), Reading light (good for late-night reading… if I had time), Refrigerator (handy!), Satellite/cable channels (plenty to choose from… although, let's be real, I just wanted Netflix), Scale (nope), Seating area (nice), Separate shower/bathtub (luxury attempt!), Shower (fine), Slippers (a touch of class!), Smoke detector (needed!), Socket near the bed (genius!), Sofa (comfy enough), Soundproofing (decent), Telephone (lol), Toiletries (basic), Towels (fluffy!), Umbrella (weather-dependent!), Visual alarm (good for safety, but not something I used), Wake-up service (needed!), Wi-Fi free. Window that opens (again, good for the weather! Though, maybe I should've asked for a room that faced away from the freeway…)

  • The "Luxury, Really?" Moment: The room was… fine. Clean, but the décor felt a little… stuck in the early 2000s. The bathroom was functional, but the toiletries were the kind you'd find in a cheap motel. My "luxury" expectation got a swift reality check!

Internet Woes:

  • Free Wi-Fi (in all rooms you’d expect!) Okay, so the internet was free, which is a huge plus. BUT, it was spotty at times. I'm talking loading-a-cat-video-for-five-minutes kinda slow. Very annoying when you're trying to work.
  • Internet Access – LAN: Forget it. I’m almost certain I didn’t even see a LAN port connection, so thankfully the Wi-Fi was at least in theory supposed to be functional.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking – Food Glorious, But Not Always Magnificent

This is where things got interesting. I’m a foodie! I was hoping for gourmet, got… well, let’s just say, I had some great meals. Others less so.

  • Restaurants: Plural! They have a restaurant, which is always a plus.
  • Breakfast [Buffet]: The breakfast buffet was… standard. Eggs, bacon, the usual suspects. Nothing to write home about, but it filled the hole. The coffee, though? Weak. Very weak.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: The coffee situation, as mentioned, was tragic. Tea was better.
  • A la carte in restaurant: I didn't try à la carte, but good to know it's an option.
  • Poolside bar: Okay, this was the vibe I was looking for. Sipping a cocktail by the pool? Yes, please!
  • Snack bar: The snack bar was handy for those late-night cravings.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Available, which is always a plus. Because, you know, sometimes you just want to stay in bed and watch bad TV.
  • Vegetarian restaurant (kind of): They had a single sad vegetarian option on the menu. Okay for breakfast toast.
  • Desserts in restaurant: The desserts were decent to good, but the menu was not extensive.
  • Asian Cuisine in restaurant: They didn't lean into the Asian cuisine enough.
  • Western cuisine in restaurant: The focus was on western cuisine, as it should be, and it was serviceable.

The Pool & Spa – Where the "Luxury" Almost Shone

Okay, this is where the Best Western Plus Ruston almost redeemed itself.

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: The pool area was lovely! They had a great outdoor pool. A true delight!

  • Pool with view: Not so much a view, but lush greenery around the pool. It felt private.

  • Spa/sauna: I heard the spa was amazing. I even tried a massage.

  • Massage: Oh, the massage! That was the highlight. The therapist was fantastic – really knew her stuff. I’d specifically ask for her if I went back.

  • Fitness center: The gym was surprisingly well-equipped, which was a bonus. Didn't get a chance to visit the gym, but its presence is a plus.

  • Sauna, Steamroom: The idea of a sauna and steamroom was tantalizing, although I didn't have time to experience it myself.

Cleanliness & Safety – A Mixed Bag, But Generally Good

  • Cleanliness: The room was generally clean, and the hallways seemed well-maintained.
  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Good to know they were using these!
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Reassuring during these times!
  • Hand sanitizer: Accessible!
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Good.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Hopefully!
  • Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property: All good stuff.
  • First aid kit: Hope you never need it, but good to know it’s there.
  • Doctor/nurse on call: I'm glad there's a doctor/nurse on call!
  • Safety/security feature: Great.
  • Cashless payment service: Convenient.
  • Safe dining setup: Okay.
  • Sterilizing equipment: Hopeful.
  • Hygiene certification: I appreciate the effort.
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Good.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: Good.
  • Shared stationery removed: Good.
  • Individually-wrapped food options: Great.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Necessary!

Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter

  • 24-hour Front Desk: Very convenient.
  • Luggage storage: Always useful!
  • Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Good.
  • Cash withdrawal: Useful.
  • Concierge: They have the basics.
Corfu DREAM Villa: Private Pool, Paleokastritsa Paradise!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your grandma's perfectly-packaged itinerary. This is… well, this is me, trying to survive a trip to Ruston, Louisiana, and documenting it in real-time, glorious, messy detail.

Trip Title: Ruston or Bust (and Hoping for a Really Good Biscuit)

Hotel: Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel – Wish me luck. I've seen the reviews. Pray to the travel gods.

Day 1: Arrival, Disorientation, and the Quest for Decent Coffee

  • 2:00 PM: Arrive at Ruston, population approximately a whole lot of people I don't know. The drive in was… well, it was a drive. Endless fields, a few cows giving me the side-eye, and the distinct scent of… something agricultural. I'm guessing it's related to the cows. My pre-trip anxiety is already doing the cha-cha. Did I pack enough snacks? Did I remember my charger? Did I really think booking a hotel in Ruston was a good idea?
  • 2:30 PM: Check into the Best Western Plus. First impressions? "Plus" is doing some serious heavy lifting. The lobby smells faintly of chlorine and… something I can't quite place. Old carpet? Existential dread? Who knows. The front desk clerk is a sweet lady, bless her heart, who’s clearly seen a few things in her day. She hands me my room key with a smile that says, "Good luck, honey." I choose to interpret that as a sign of encouragement.
  • 3:00 PM: The Coffee Catastrophe. Ah, the sacred morning ritual, the fuel that binds us all… or at least, binds me. I head down to the "complimentary" breakfast area, hoping for a glimmer of salvation in the form of caffeinated, and possibly edible, sustenance. NOPE. The coffee is the color of dishwater and tastes like it, too. This is a tragedy of epic proportions. I'm already experiencing caffeine withdrawal headaches. This is not a good sign. I make a mental note: find a decent coffee shop, or die trying.
  • 3:30 PM: Room exploration. The room is…adequate. The bed looks comfy enough, which is the most important thing, I guess. The TV appears to be older than I am, and the remote is missing a vital battery-compartment door (why are they always missing?!). There’s a weird brown stain on the carpet near the air conditioning vent. I choose to assume it's not blood.
  • 4:00 PM: Attempted unpacking. I’m already regretting not bringing a bigger suitcase. The clothes are overflowing and the bathroom is so small I struggle to even turn around. I consider a Marie Kondo-style purge, but my willpower is severely lacking on day one of any trip. Fail.
  • 5:00 PM: Drive into the town of Ruston. The town is super cute. I'm feeling a little better. I manage to (finally) find a coffee shop. It's a little slice of heaven. The coffee is divine. The barista is friendly. I feel… hopeful?
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner - and the quest for the Southern Hospitality. Ruston is not short on restaurants. I head out to find somewhere to eat. I find a restaurant nearby (I’m not sure, let’s say… "The Good Eats"). Everything seems fine to start with. Until it wasn't. The server is a nice young woman who is obviously overworked. The food is… okay. I order chicken fried steak, of course. It's a textbook example of Southern comfort food. The mashed potatoes are fantastic. The steak is dry and overcooked. I eat it anyway. Because… well, because.
  • 7:30 PM: Back to the Hotel. I'm exhausted. I spend the rest of the day watching TV. I fall asleep early.
  • 9:00 PM: Good night.

Day 2: Exploring Ruston & More Coffee, More Food

  • 7:00 AM: Coffee-fueled wake-up call. I head to the shop. I'm a different person now.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast - Today The hotel's breakfast isn't quite so bad. With a coffee in my hand (and a hopeful mindset), I eat something and head towards the adventure.
  • 10:00 AM: The Lincoln Parish Museum. It's a small museum, but actually charming and cool. I'm actually liking the museum.
  • 11:30 AM: Exploring. I walk. I enjoy it.
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch. I find a divey little diner. The atmosphere is fantastic.
  • 2:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Nap time.
  • 5:00 PM: Dinner & live music. Tonight, I decide to go out and find something more fun.
  • 7:00 PM: I find a local pub with live music and spend the night. I meet interesting people. I have fun.
  • 10:00 PM: Back to the hotel, very happy, and sleepy.
  • 9:00 PM: Good night.

Day 3: Departure (and a Reckoning)

  • 9:00 AM: The Great Breakfast Debacle, Part Deux. It is as bad as the last. I skip the hotel's breakfast and grab something somewhere else.
  • 10:00 AM: Final Ruston Rundown. One last coffee run. A quick drive around town, soaking in whatever charm it has left. Saying goodbye to the coffee shop that kept me sane.
  • 11:00 AM: Check out of the Best Western. The clerk is different today, and much less enthusiastic. No goodbyes here.
  • 11:30 AM: The Last Bites. I decide to grab those biscuits I'd been longing for. They're not in Ruston. But maybe, just maybe, along the way.
  • 12:00 PM: Road trip! Driving home, reflecting. Coffee is important. Good food is essential. And sometimes, even a slightly disastrous trip can be a memorable one.
  • 2:00 PM: Back home.

Post-Trip Ramblings:

Okay, so Ruston wasn't exactly a non-stop thrill ride. It had its moments, though. The coffee shop was a lifesaver. The live music was a blast. And I have a feeling I'll look back on this trip, years from now, and laugh. And maybe, just maybe, I'll finally perfect the art of packing a suitcase. (Spoiler alert: probably not.)

Luxury Roof Terrace Houseboat Paradise: Uitgeestermeer, Netherlands!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States```html

Luxury Getaway Awaits: Best Western Plus Ruston! - ...Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Complimentary Breakfast (Mostly)

Okay, so... "Luxury Getaway" at a Best Western Plus? Is that, like, a *thing*?

Alright, let's be real for a hot second. Luxury? In Ruston? Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It's not the Ritz-Carlton, folks. But you know what? For a quick, easy weekend escape, specifically the Best Western Plus in Ruston? It's actually… pretty darn decent. "Luxury" is a *relative* term, right? Think "comfortable and convenient" instead of "diamond-encrusted everything." Seriously, after the week *I* had, a clean room with a functioning air conditioner felt like a goddamn palace. And the pool? More on that later.

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they, you know, *clean*? Because that's a HUGE deal.

Okay, phew. Yes. The rooms are clean. Like, actually clean. I'm a total germaphobe, I admit it. I'm that person who wipes down everything with Clorox wipes. And guess what? I didn't find anything truly horrifying. A tiny speck of something on the mirror (shudder), but that was it. The bed was comfy, the pillows were fluffy - not *five-star* fluffy, but comfy enough to sink into after a long day of... well, doing nothing much, which is exactly what I was going for. The air conditioning worked flawlessly, which is a major win for Louisiana in July. You know how your shower can sometimes have the water pressure of a sad little garden hose? Not here! Powerful and hot! Bliss.

Let's talk about the pool. Is it a watery oasis or a chlorine-flavored swamp?

Alright, the pool. This is where things get... interesting. So, the website photos, right? They look *glorious*. Sparkling blue water, sunbathers lounging… the whole shebang. The reality? Well, it was a bit more… lived-in. Let's just say kids were definitely having a blast. Like, *a lot* of them. Splashing, screaming, the whole chaotic joy of summer break. Which, honestly, was kind of endearing. It wasn't the serene, quiet escape I'd envisioned, but hey, at least the water wasn't green, you know? And the chlorine? Definitely present, but not overpowering. I survived. And, crucial point: it was *hot* outside, and the pool was *cold*. Pure, unadulterated, refreshing bliss. So, a win, I'd say. A slightly rambunctious win, but a win nonetheless.

The Breakfast! The moment of truth. Spill the beans (and the sausage).

Okay, the breakfast. This is where things got… *complicated*. Let's just say I have a love/hate relationship with the complimentary breakfast. On the plus side: waffles! And they had a waffle maker! You could make your own waffle! This is pure, unadulterated joy. Okay, maybe I spent a little *too* much time perfecting my waffle-making technique. The rest? Well, it's your standard hotel fare. Scrambled eggs that look slightly… suspicious. Sausage patties that are, let's be honest, probably not made of actual sausage, but you know… edible. The coffee? Let's just say it's a good thing there's a Starbucks down the street. But hey, it's free. And when you're feeling lazy and haven't managed to find a good coffee shop, you can't really complain, can you? I stuffed myself with waffles and called it a victory.

Anything else I should know? Any hidden gems or… things to avoid?

Okay, a couple of things. One, the staff was genuinely friendly and helpful. They were all nice, which makes a HUGE difference. Two – and this is important – there was a Walmart *right next door*. This is either a blessing or a curse, depending on your shopping habits. I, unfortunately, am a sucker for a good bargain. It was so convenient! Need more sunscreen? Running low on snacks? Boom. Walmart. Be warned. However, the proximity is also incredibly convenient. Three, I had a small hiccup with my room key (classic), but the front desk sorted it out pronto. A tiny tiny little thing I observed? the elevator was a little slow, but it worked. Four - the location itself is pretty good if you are looking for the main attractions or going to the university.

Would you go back? Honestly?

Honestly? Yeah, I probably would. It wasn't perfect, but it was a solid, comfortable, no-fuss escape. The price was right, the room was clean, and the waffles were, well, perfect. For a weekend getaway that didn't require a second mortgage? Absolutely. Sure, it isn't the "Luxury Getaway" of my most glamorous fantasies. But it was a break! And sometimes, that's all you really need. I'd go again. Maybe next time I'll bring earplugs for the pool…and a backup stash of maple syrup.

Okay, the most important question: Parking? Free or Frazzled?

Free! Amen. Seriously, you can park your car, walk to your room, and forget about it. A small, tiny win, but a win nonetheless! And I am the kind of person who's terrified of parallel parking and all that stuff. So, take a deep breath, no need to worry, parking is not something that you have to worry about.
``` Find Your Perfect Stay

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States

Best Western Plus Ruston Hotel Ruston (LA) United States