Hanoi Holiday Heaven: Splendid Hotel Awaits!

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam

Hanoi Holiday Heaven: Splendid Hotel Awaits!

Hanoi Holiday Heaven: Splendid Hotel Awaits! - A Wild Ride of Reality (and Free Wi-Fi!)

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from the "Splendid Hotel" of Hanoi Holiday Heaven, and let me tell you, it was a trip. This ain't your polished, perfectly crafted travel blog – I'm here to give it to you real, warts and all (mostly because I’m still sorting out all the laundry from the trip…)

(Metadata Time! Gotta keep the Google bots happy!)

  • Keywords: Hanoi, Hotel Review, Vietnam, Accessible Hotel, Free Wi-Fi, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Hanoi Holiday Heaven, Cleanliness, Safety, Family-Friendly, Business Travel, Things to do Hanoi, Best Hanoi Hotel
  • Meta Description: Honest review of Hanoi Holiday Heaven's "Splendid Hotel," covering accessibility, amenities (spa, pool, food!), cleanliness, and the overall vibe. Is it truly splendid? Read on to find out! Plus, ALL the details you crave on free Wi-Fi, and that breakfast buffet…

First Impressions (and the Great Wi-Fi Quest!)

Landing in Hanoi after what felt like a lifetime in transit, I was clinging to the promise of "Splendid." The airport transfer (Airport transfer – check!) was smooth sailing. Then, the moment I crossed the hotel lobby, the first thing I did was desperately attempt to connect to the Wi-Fi. (Okay, that's a lie. I probably first needed to visit the toilet. But let's pretend the Wi-Fi was the #1 priority, shall we?) Seriously, though, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – check! And let me tell you, it worked beautifully, even on my ancient laptop that's seen better days. This is crucial, people. Cru-cial! Without that, I'm just a lost soul wandering the streets of Hanoi, desperately searching for a coffee shop with a decent connection (and I did that anyway.) Okay, back to the hotel…

Accessibility - A Mixed Bag… and a Little Bit of Frustration

Now, the website promised a lot about accessibility. Facilities for disabled guests – check! Elevator – check! But… and there’s always a “but,” right? The lobby's accessibility was great, wide doorways, etc. But getting around the hotel itself wasn’t always as straightforward. Some areas felt a little… tight. The staff was incredibly helpful (more on that later!), but you could tell it wasn't the BEST setup for true accessibility. It was a mixed bag.

The Room: My Sanctum (and Secret Wi-Fi HQ)

The room itself? Air conditioning – check! (God bless that thing; Hanoi humidity is no joke.) The bed? Extra long bed – check! (I’m tall, so this was a winner.) And, of course, free Wi-Fi – double check! I’m not kidding, I might have spent half my stay testing the Wi-Fi connection to make sure it was really as good as it claimed to be. It was. I even had a reading light, which did come in handy during the blackout curtains' darkness. It was clean, relatively spacious, and had a view (that, admittedly, wasn't breathtaking but was still nice to have). The bathroom was well-equipped too, and I appreciated they included a hair dryer and free bottles of water.

Food, Glorious Food! (and the Great Buffet Heist)

Oh, the food. Let’s just say I ate my way through Hanoi, and the "Splendid Hotel" was a key player in my culinary adventure. The restaurant scene? Magnificent. The buffet in the restaurant (Breakfast [buffet] – check! – check! – check!)… well, it was a phenomenon. Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit, but it was good. Real good. The Asian breakfast, the Western breakfast… a whole rainbow of deliciousness. Those little pastries just begged to be eaten. The coffee was strong, the juices fresh. Coffee/tea in restaurant – check! If I’m honest, I did get slightly carried away with the buffet one morning. Let’s just say I might have accidentally acquired a few extra croissants for "later." Breakfast takeaway service – check! (just another excuse to overindulge)

Beyond the buffet, there was a restaurant boasting Asian cuisine in restaurant – check! and International cuisine in restaurant – check! which was a welcome mix when you need to recover from that mega-breakfast! (And maybe some comfort food.) The service? Super friendly. I may have even tried some of the Vietnamese dishes. They even offered alternative meal arrangement – which was great when I was tired of all the rich food. The Poolside bar – check! was a great spot for a pre-dinner cocktail. They had a snack bar down there and I found some pretty amazing salads in restaurant – check! I was also pleased to find a vegetarian restaurant – check!

Relaxation and Rejuvenation: Spa Day! (or, Spa Day… Lite?)

Okay, so I’m not the type who spends a lot of time at spas, but the "Splendid Hotel" had one, and, well… it was there. Pool with view – check! Spa – check! Sauna, steamroom, and all the spa/sauna – check! Now, I will be honest. I didn’t go full-on spa warrior. I dipped my toes in with a massage (check!), which was pretty… decent. Nothing life-altering, but definitely relaxing. (I was so stressed beforehand, I just knew I need that body scrub!). the gym/fitness – check! was quite well equipped, too, and looked fun.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitizing Samba

Now, in this post-pandemic world (and let's be honest, even before…), cleanliness is paramount. The hotel passed muster. Daily disinfection in common areas – check! Staff trained in safety protocol – check! Hand sanitizer – check! The anti-viral cleaning products – check! – it looked like. I felt safe (even if I did occasionally forget to wear my mask, and I definitely appreciated the sanitizing kit on the table.) They even offered room sanitization opt-out available – I found that pretty interesting.

Things to Do (Beyond Eating and Sleeping – Maybe)

Hanoi is an amazing city. Trust me, walking tours, delicious street food, and exploring the Old Quarter are must-dos. The hotel offers some service to help with this. Safety deposit boxes – check!, laundry service – check!, luggage storage – check!. They even offered car park [on-site] – check! which was great for rental cars..

The Little Things (and the Quirky Ones)

  • The Staff: Seriously, the staff were lovely. Attentive, friendly, always smiling. They were genuinely helpful.
  • The Elevator: It worked. Which, after some of the elevators I've encountered in my travels, is a victory!
  • The Decorations: There were room decorations – check! (I don't think the hotel knew I had a special occasion, but I felt special anyway!)
  • The Soundproof Rooms: Soundproof rooms – check!… I got a good night's sleep. That's a win!

The Downside (Because Nothing is Perfect)

  • The "Small Things": Some of the bathroom amenities were a little… basic. The shower pressure could have been better.
  • The Noise: While the soundproofing was good, the "Splendid Hotel" is located in a busy area. Even with the windows closed, there was still some street noise. But I did not mind it!
  • The "Splendor" Factor: While the hotel was comfortable and well-appointed, it wasn't quite as "splendid" as I had hoped. It was more… solid and reliable.

Overall Verdict: Worth a Stay? (Absolutely!)

Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely. Despite the minor imperfections, Hanoi Holiday Heaven's "Splendid Hotel" offers a great location, comfortable rooms, a fantastic breakfast (seriously, the breakfast!), and friendly service. It's perfect for first-time visitors like me. It's not going to be the fanciest experience, but it is a solid choice if you're looking for a good, safe, and convenient base to explore the beauty of Hanoi! And the free Wi-Fi? A lifesaver.

Final Score: 4 out of 5 Croissants (because, breakfast!)

Zingst Beachfront Paradise: Your Dream Apartment Awaits!

Book Now

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel brochure itinerary. This is real life, Hanoi edition, and frankly, it's a bit of a glorious mess. Welcome to my Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Diary of Delights and Downfalls. Let’s get this show on the road!

Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lagged Confusion, and Pho Dreams

  • 7:00 AM (ish) – Wake Up: Okay, "wake up" is an overstatement. More like, claw my way out of bed, feeling like I've been put through a human-sized pasta maker. The jet lag is a beast. The Splendid Holiday Hotel, bless its heart, is cute. A bit…splendidly basic, if I'm being honest. But the AC is blasting, and that's what matters right now.
  • 8:00 AM – Breakfast: The hotel breakfast is…well, it's breakfast. The bread looks a little anemic, but the coffee? Strong enough to raise the dead. I grab a banana, because, you know, health.
  • 9:00 AM – The Taxi Debacle: Attempt to navigate the city using a taxi. That's where I was wrong in the first place. The driver, bless him (or curse him), didn't speak a lick of English, but we managed to communicate with a mix of gestures and increasingly desperate Google translate searches. Ended up way further from my intended destination than I wanted to be and overpaid in the process. Great start.
  • 10:00 AM – Wandering Around the Old Quarter: Oh god, Hanoi is a sensory overload in the best possible way. Motorbikes zipping past like angry bees, the smell of something delicious wafting from every corner, the sheer energy of the place is intoxicating. I'm already hopelessly lost, and I love it.
  • 11:00 AM – The Quest for Pho: This is the main event. After an hour of wandering and failing to find a place with a big menu I found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall joint that looked promising, but also questionable. I pointed at what looked like the best option and hoped for the best.
  • 11:30 AM – The Pho Revelation: I think I just reached a religious experience. The broth! The noodles! The herbs! The tender beef! It's the best bowl of Pho I have ever had. And for, like, a dollar! I could cry. I might have teared up a little, actually.
  • 1:00 PM – Nap Time: Jet lag is still winning. I stumble, defeated, back to the hotel. 😴
  • 5:00 PM – Trying to find a good bar: I have to get some drinks and unwind, and it's the only thing that is going to cure the stress. I wanted to spend the evening tasting some drinks, and hopefully find the right atmosphere.
  • 6:00 PM – Dinner: I ended up in a somewhat nice but loud restaurant, and it tasted like every other meal I had. Not bad, but not something too special.

Day 2: Culture Shock, Coffee Highs, and a Bit Too Much Egg Coffee.

  • 9:00 AM – Attempting to be a functioning human. Breakfast. Repeat of yesterday, but with a slightly more optimistic attitude.
  • 10:00 AM – Temple Time: Visited the Temple of Literature. Beautiful, peaceful, definitely worth it…except for the hordes of other tourists. Still, managed to soak in some history. Also, noticed I may have been wearing the same shirt again, and then, oh god, it's true.
  • 12:00 PM – Coffee Break (and the Beginning of a Problem): Egg coffee. I had heard about egg coffee; a local specialty. I figured, "How bad could it be?" Bad. It's amazing. Rich, creamy, like a dessert and a caffeine delivery system all rolled into one. I had two. And then a third. I'm starting to feel a bit jittery. And possibly in love.
  • 1:00 PM – Hoan Kiem Lake Stroll (with a Sideways Glance at the Rest of the World) I walk around the lake, trying to process the beauty of the scenery and trying to not think of all the coffee I had.
  • 2:00 PM – Getting Lost: Again.
  • 3:00 PM – Errands: I needed to find somewhere local to buy some toothpaste. After 2 or three attempts I finally found somewhere close by.
  • 5:00 PM – Water Puppet Theatre: Okay, this was surprisingly delightful. The puppets are charming, the music is catchy, and I had the time of my life.
  • 7:00 PM – Dinner and…Egg Coffee Regret: I decided to get dinner somewhere with a good variety of food. I had a great time tasting new types of foods. And then I ordered another egg coffee. I am now officially vibrating. I can almost see sound. This is probably not a good thing. But it's too late to stop.

Day 3: Farewell, Hanoi, and a Final Rambling Thought.

  • 9:00 AM – Last Breakfast: One last anemic bread and a strong coffee.
  • 10:00 AM – Last-Minute Souvenir Hunting: I try to find some last minute presents, but the shops are too crowded.
  • 11:00 AM – The airport shuttle shows up. I'm actually sad to be leaving. Hanoi has been a whirlwind of food, culture, and utter chaos. It's utterly exhausting and completely, utterly wonderful.
  • 1:30 PM – Flight: I fly back to the hotel and end my day there.

This wasn’t a perfect trip, and that’s what made it perfect. I got lost, I over-caffeinated, and my shirt got a bit too familiar with my skin. But I explored, I ate great Pho, and I fell in love with a city. And isn't that, in the end, what it’s all about? Now, off the next adventure!

Escape to Cozy Chalet Bliss: Mol, Belgium Awaits!

Book Now

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi VietnamOkay, buckle up, buttercup. We're diving headfirst into the chaotic beauty that is Hanoi Holiday Heaven: Splendid Hotel Awaits! – and I'm gonna give you the raw, unvarnished truth. Prepare for some rambling, because let's be honest, who *doesn't* ramble when talking about travel? ```html

Alright, spill the beans: Is "Splendid Hotel" actually…splendid? Or is it just more hotel hyperbole?

Okay, okay, let's get this out of the way. The "splendid" part? Well, it depends on your definition of splendid. My first impression? Honestly? A little underwhelming. The lobby was…fine. Clean, yes. But the brochure photos made it look like Versailles. Reality was...maybe a charming Parisian bistro after a particularly busy lunch rush. But then...the *staff*. They were genuinely lovely. More on that later. And the rooftop pool? That actually *was* pretty splendid, especially after a sweaty day of dodging motorbikes. Floating there, watching the Hanoi sunset...that was pure bliss. So, "splendid" with caveats? Maybe. But certainly pleasant, and with a few moments that actually *felt* splendid. Does that help? Probably not. Sorry.

What's the deal with the location? Hanoi's a maze. Did you spend your entire trip lost?

Oh, the location! Okay, so it's *technically* in the Old Quarter. Which is both amazing and a recipe for sensory overload. Think: constant honking, the aroma (ahem, *scent*) of street food (delicious, but…potent) and a general feeling of being incredibly, gloriously alive. Getting *to* the hotel sometimes felt like a scene from a slapstick comedy. Picture me, loaded with luggage, bravely attempting to cross a street that looked like a river of motorbikes. I swear, I aged ten years in the first five minutes of trying to navigate Hanoi traffic. But once you're *in* the hotel, it's a haven. A tiny, air-conditioned bubble of peace in a hurricane of delicious chaos. And yes, I *did* get lost. Several times. But that's kind of the fun, right? (Okay, maybe not at 11 pm while hangry.)

The dreaded "breakfast included": Yay or Nay? And what was *actually* included?

Breakfast...oh, breakfast. This is where things get *interesting*. So, yes, it was included. Which is always a win, right? Especially when you're battling jet lag and a serious craving for caffeine. The buffet? A mixed bag. There was the usual suspects: eggs (cooked to order, thankfully), pastries (some suspiciously dry, but hey, you can't win 'em all), and fruit. The *real* stars, though? The Vietnamese dishes. Pho that was so good it made me weep (a little). Banh mi that exploded with flavor. And this one tiny little bowl of something I *think* was called "bun cha" that I'm still dreaming about. The coffee, though...that was a whole *other* story. Strong. Dark. Potentially capable of stopping your heart. But in the best way possible. Let's just say I practically mainlined it every morning. Regrets? Zero. (Maybe my heart will disagree later, but right now, it's worth it.)

Let's talk about the staff. Were they genuinely helpful or just trained to smile and shove you out the door?

Okay, this is where the hotel *really* shone. The staff were absolutely phenomenal. Like, "above and beyond" phenomenal. They weren't just *polite*, they were genuinely *friendly*. And helpful. I had a minor (okay, major) luggage issue. My bag, containing, like, *everything* important, got…delayed. Cue panic. The hotel staff? Total heroes. They helped me contact the airline, tracked down my bag (which eventually arrived, thank god!), and even lent me a toothbrush and some emergency clothes. Seriously, without them, I would have been a mess. And, this is a tiny detail, but it sticks with me: One morning, I was struggling with the notoriously tricky Hanoi traffic. I looked utterly bewildered and a staff member, without me needing to ask, helped me locate a safe way to cross the busy street. Such kindness. They made me feel welcomed and cared about. That is something truly special. (Sorry for the gushing, but seriously, they were angels.)

Did the hotel offer any tours or excursions? And were they any good?

Yes, they did. I believe they offered tours of Ha Long Bay, Sapa, and various city adventures. I didn't actually book any *through* the hotel. I heard conflicting reports and found that booking independently gave me more flexibility. But I did chat with some other guests who used the hotel's services, and they seemed...satisfied. Not ecstatic, but not complaining either. If you're new to Hanoi and feeling overwhelmed, it could be a good option, but do a little research first! Honestly, there's *so much* to see and do in Hanoi that you'll be spoiled for choice and can easily spend a lifetime there.

Okay, the pool. You mentioned it. Details! Was it crowded? Clean? Did you accidentally fall in while distracted by a bowl of Pho?

RIGHT. The pool. This is where the "splendid" factor *really* kicked in. The photo online, you picture this serene oasis, right? Well, it mostly lived up to it. The water was clean, which is a HUGE win in a hot and humid climate. The view from the rooftop? Amazing. You've got the street scene, the city, the sky. It was the perfect place to unwind, especially after a day of battling scooters. Yes, it did get a little crowded at peak times, but never to the point of being unbearable. And no, thankfully, I didn't fall in while juggling Pho. Although, that's not a bad idea for a video, is it? Okay, okay, no, I digress. But back to the pool. After a certain point during my Hanoi trip, it was *the* essential thing. I'd spent my days wrestling with traffic, trying to order food in a completely foreign language, and navigating what at times seemed an impenetrable labyrinth. This pool was where I finally just *breathed*. And it was…well, it was splendid.

What was the one thing you *didn't* like? Gotta be something! Imperfection is key.

Ugh, fine. Okay. One thing I wasn't crazy about: the thin walls. Look, I know it's a city, and I understand that things are tight, but I could hear *everything*. The phone ringing in other rooms, the late-night conversations, the occasional…ahem… *romantic* activities. Let's just say my sleep schedule wasn't exactly consistent. Noise cancelling earplugs are a must. Bring them! And maybe a blindfold. Seriously, they're a lifesaver, even if it only works some of the time.

World Of Lodging

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam

Splendid Holiday Hotel Hanoi Hanoi Vietnam