Escape to Fujinokura: Japan's Hidden Gem Near Fuji Five Lakes!

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan

Escape to Fujinokura: Japan's Hidden Gem Near Fuji Five Lakes!

Escape to Fujinokura: My Messy, Wonderful, and Almost Perfect Getaway Near Fuji Five Lakes

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to dive headfirst into my experience at Escape to Fujinokura. Forget polished travel brochures, this is the real deal – the good, the bad, and the slightly-too-much-sake-at-the-poolside-bar kind of real. Honestly? It was an experience. A memorable one, even with a few bumps along the way. Let's break it down…

Accessibility & Getting There (The First Hurdle…and the View!)

  • Accessibility: Alright, before we get into the fluffy stuff, let's be REAL. The website promised, "facilities for disabled guests." And that's great! But, I didn't have a firsthand experience of that so I can't give an expert opinion other than the elevator was available. Also, considering the surrounding terrain, some areas might be tricky. So, double-check with the hotel directly if you need specific accessibility features. Don’t be shy! They're generally super helpful.
  • Getting There: Getting there was…an adventure. Let’s just say my "skillfully navigated" train journey from Tokyo involved a few wrong platforms, a near-miss with a speeding shinkansen, and me looking wildly lost. Airport transfer is available, and in hindsight, probably worth it! You can also use a taxi service or a car, which they have a car park [free of charge] (!!!!) and even acar charging station is available.

Once We Arrived (And That View!)

My jaw literally dropped when I saw Mount Fuji. The view, oh my god the view! From the hotel, it was absolutely breathtaking. Seriously, I could have stayed there all day just gazing out. My room had a fabulous window that opens, so I could have stayed there all day, but there was too much to do!

The hotel is well-maintained, but it's not a sterile, personality-free zone. It's got a cozy vibe, which I really appreciated after the chaotic train journey. The elevator was a lifesaver. And thankfully, after the train, I got a car park on-site

The Room: My Cozy Bunker (and a Mini-Bar That Called My Name)

  • Rooms: The non-smoking rooms were, thankfully, genuinely non-smoking. The bathroom was clean, and the shower was glorious after a long day of travel. A bathtub, was also available and a separate shower/bathtub for more fun!
  • Essentials: They have all the usual suspects– air conditioning that actually worked (bless!), a safe box, a coffee/tea maker and complimentary tea (essential for a Brit like me), slippers, extra long beds, and a desk suitable for working when it was required.
  • The Bad…and the Good: I’ll be honest, the mini-bar was a siren song. The bottle of water was a nice touch, but the temptation of those little bottles of sake… resistance was futile.
  • Technicalities: Free Wi-Fi and Internet access – wireless were available in all rooms (and, thank god, it actually worked!), and there’s even Internet access – LAN if you're old school. Honestly, the desk and Laptop workspace felt like a sign that I should get some work done, but the seating area was too comfortable to think of anything else other than relaxation. The blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping past sunrise. And there were bathrobes and fresh linens!

Dining, Drinking, & Snacking (Fueling the Adventure!)

  • Breakfast [buffet]: The breakfast buffet was a mixed bag. The Asian breakfast was excellent, especially the miso soup. The Western breakfast was serviceable, but nothing to write home about.
  • Restaurants: There are restaurants with Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant. Also, there is A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant.
  • Drinking: The poolside bar was a highlight. Seriously, cocktails overlooking Mount Fuji? Pure bliss! The Happy hour was a welcome sight after a day of exploring.
  • Other options: They have a snack bar and provide a bottle of water. Also there is Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant and Soup in restaurant.
  • Breakfast Takeaway Service: Nice to have but I didn't make use of it.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Blissful Overload)

  • The Spa (A Moment Of Pure Zen): Okay, so let's talk about the spa, or more specifically, the moment I had a fantastic body scrub. I almost fell asleep right on the table. Seriously: Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. Pure, unadulterated bliss!
  • The Pool (With A View!): The swimming pool [outdoor] was incredible. Swimming with that view of the mountain? Unforgettable. It's a Pool with view (duh!).
  • Fitness Center: There is a Fitness center and a Gym/fitness. I actually didn’t end up using them, which I slightly regret… maybe next time!
  • Other Activities: There is a Foot bath (a nice touch for tired feet!), but I missed it.
  • For the Kids: They have Kids facilities, a Babysitting service and Family/child friendly. I didn't take advantage of these but I'd imagine they'd be very good, because they are so good in everything else!

Cleanliness & Safety (Important Stuff…Especially Now)

  • Cleanliness is Key: The hotel really went above and beyond. The rooms sanitized between stays. They had Daily disinfection in common areas, Professional-grade sanitizing services and Anti-viral cleaning products. I felt super safe.
  • Hygiene: They also had Hand sanitizer readily available and individually-wrapped food options.
  • Other: There is a First aid kit, a Doctor/nurse on call, and a Security [24-hour].

Services & Conveniences (Everything You Could Possibly Need)

  • Essential Services: The front desk [24-hour] staff were incredibly helpful, and they all had great English (thankfully!). There’s a concierge, daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning, and even luggage storage.
  • Business Needs: If you need to work, they’ve got you covered with business facilities, meetings and meeting/banquet facilities.
  • Extras: There’s a gift/souvenir shop, cash withdrawal, and currency exchange facilities.
  • Less Important Services: Ironing service, Doorman, Elevator.

The Quirks (The Flawed Perfection)

  • The Shrine: Seriously, there’s a shrine. Random? Maybe. Charming? Absolutely. Seeing it made me smile.
  • The Terrace: The terrace was also amazing. Perfect for sipping your sake!
  • The Minor Imperfections: The coffee in the coffee shop was a bit weak. And I’m pretty sure my room service order got forgotten once (they made up for it, though!).

Overall Impression: Highly Recommended (With a Few Caveats!)

Escape to Fujinokura is, without a doubt, a fantastic place to stay. It's got a magical setting, excellent facilities, and a genuine charm that you don't always find in hotels. The staff were wonderful. But my stay wasn’t perfect. It wasn't sterile or boring. It needed a few touches to be perfect, but you know what? That's part of the charm.

SEO & Metadata (For the Search Engine Gods):

  • Keywords: Fuji Five Lakes, Fujinokura, Japan, hotel review, spa, Mount Fuji, accessibility, swimming pool, onsen, dining, travel, vacation, accommodation, luxury hotel, non-smoking, family-friendly, couple's getaway.
  • Meta Description: My honest review of Escape to Fujinokura near Fuji Five Lakes! Discover stunning views of Mount Fuji, spa treatments, delicious food, and all the details you need for your Japan adventure. Featuring both the good and imperfect moments.
  • Title Tag: Escape to Fujinokura: REVIEW of Japan's Hidden Gem Near Fuji Five Lakes! (Honest & Messy!)
  • H1: Escape to Fujinokura: My Messy, Wonderful Getaway Near Fuji Five Lakes!
  • Alt Text: Image of Mount Fuji from the hotel, Exterior view of hotel, Spa treatment, Poolside cocktail.

So, go. Escape

Escape to Paradise: Your Luxurious Doetinchem Terrace Awaits!

Book Now

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko itinerary is gonna be less "perfectly curated Instagram feed" and more "what actually happened when I bumbled around Japan." Prepare for the beautiful chaos.

The Fujinokura Fiasco: A Totally Honest Itinerary (and a Few Existential Meltdowns)

Day 1: Arrival, Ramen, and Regret (Maybe)

  • 14:00 - Arrival in Fujinokura Village (via… well, a lot of trains and a slightly nauseating bus ride). My first thought? "Wow, that's a lot of vending machines." And the anticipation! I had visions of myself flawlessly navigating the Japanese countryside. Spoiler alert: I do not.
  • 14:30 - Check-in at Fujinokura Village B: The "B" must stand for "Bespoke," because this place feels like a carefully crafted hideaway. The view of Mt. Fuji, even slightly obscured by some fluffy clouds, takes my breath away. I briefly consider selling everything and becoming a hermit. Then I remember I need ramen.
  • 15:30 - Ramen Hunt: Armed with a poorly-translated phrasebook and a desperate craving for noodles, I set out to find the "best ramen in town." Turns out, "best" is subjective. I wandered into a tiny place, feeling utterly lost. The guy behind the counter, bless his soul, just knew I was a disaster. He pointed, mimed, and eventually, I got some delicious (and ridiculously cheap) ramen. Success!
  • 17:00 - Hiking (attempt): I foolishly decide to "conquer" a small trail near my accommodation. The trail is, admittedly, short. But my fitness level is, apparently, even shorter. I am overtaken by a group of elderly Japanese ladies. I am embarrassed and wind up sitting on a rock and enjoying the view.
  • 18:30 - Sunset Panic: The sun starts setting, and I start to panic. The view from my accommodation is beautiful, but the emotional aspect of life seems to be crushing, I'm left wondering if this trip, life, everything, is a mistake. So I eat some snacks and hide.
  • 19:00 - Dinner (more ramen): This time, I'm a seasoned ramen veteran. I'm practically a ninja. I eat so much ramen.
  • 20:00 - Stargazing (Failed): I read that Fujinokura is good for stargazing. It is not. It's cloudy. I go back to my little cabin, defeated by the clouds and my own inadequacy.

Day 2: Taking it Easy & A Deep Dive into Perfection

  • 08:00 - Breakfast: Wake up in Fujinokura Village… eat some instant coffee and cereal. The sun is shining and it's looking like a good day and I am actually looking forward to it!
  • 09:00 - The Perfect Image. I begin my morning by taking pictures of Fuji-san, the perfection of the landscape is stunning. I try to take my own perfect picture.
  • 10:00 - Let's Shop! I head for a local market, and discover interesting local products - I buy many of them!
  • 11:30 - Onsen (Hot Spring) Experience: My first onsen experience! I'm terrified. Naked in front of strangers? It felt like an eternity. But it was glorious. So cleansing. I felt like a reborn being. I was a little hesitant to go in, though. The thought of my pale, slightly bumpy skin on display… But I took a deep breath and did it anyway.
  • 13:00 - Lunch: A quick and delicious lunch. With a hot tea.
  • 14:00 - Return to the View: With a clear mind, I decide to climb to a point where I can see the lake and Fuji-san, it is the moment I realize the beauty of this place, and I am not alone!
  • 16:00 - Evening Meal: I eat some vegetables, and meat, and feel thankful for the gift of life.

Day 3: Farewell Fujinokura (and hello, the Real World)

  • 09:00 - Last Fuji-san Glance: One last look at the mountain, now a familiar friend. A quiet moment of appreciation, followed by the realization that I have no idea how to pack.
  • 10:00 - Souvenir Shopping (Again!): Because I haven't completely blown my budget yet, I revisit the local shops, searching for the perfect gifts (and a little something for me, obvi).
  • 11:00 - Final Ramen Farewell?: Maybe one last bowl. Why not? Embrace the carbs, I say.
  • 12:00 - Check-out and Departure: Saying goodbye to Fujinokura Village B. It feels bittersweet. I'm ready to face the next adventure, but a part of me wants to stay, in my little cabin, forever.
  • Afternoon - The Long Journey Home: Trains, buses, and the inevitable jet lag await. Prepare for me to be a zombie for the next week.

Quirks & Observations:

  • Vending Machine Obsession: I swear, there's a vending machine on every corner. Cold coffee, hot coffee, weird fruit drinks… it's a whole lifestyle.
  • Translation Troubles: My attempts at Japanese are… well, let's just say they're a work in progress. A lot of pointing, smiling, and hoping for the best.
  • The Silence: The quiet in Fujinokura is stunning. It's a welcome break from the constant noise of daily life. But sometimes… it's a little too quiet. My own thoughts get a little too loud, if you know what I mean.

Emotional Rollercoaster:

This trip was a rollercoaster. Joy, frustration, awe, boredom, the whole shebang! I questioned my choices, doubted my abilities, and felt pure, unadulterated happiness. It was messy, imperfect, and utterly fantastic. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

So, yeah, that's my totally honest, slightly rambling, and gloriously imperfect itinerary. Go forth and explore Fujinokura (and maybe pack a phrasebook. You'll thank me later). And remember, the best travel stories aren't about perfection. They're about the glorious, messy, totally human moments in between.

Escape to Paradise: Belvilla's Casina Papi Rufina, Italy Awaits!

Book Now

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan```html

Escape to Fujinokura FAQ: My Brain Dump After a Week Near Fuji-san

Okay, Fujinokura? Sounds like a dodgy ramen shop. Seriously, what *is* it?

Alright, alright, settle down, hungry traveler. Fujinokura (富士忍野) is basically a sneaky, almost-secret little village nestled right near the Fuji Five Lakes region in Japan. Think "postcard perfect" scenery, EXCEPT instead of hordes of tourists, you mostly get… well, mostly you get peace and quiet. It's a bit like stumbling upon a hidden gem someone forgot to tell everyone about. And trust me, after battling a Tokyo subway at rush hour, "peace and quiet" should be a national treasure.

So, is it *really* "hidden"? 'Cause, y'know, Google Maps exists.

Haha, good point. Google Maps hasn't missed it, but it's still relatively off the beaten path. You won't find massive tour buses clogging the roads. You *will* find winding, narrow lanes where you can practically reach out and touch the cherry blossoms (if you're there at the right time, and I wasn't, dammit!). It feels less like a tourist trap and more like living in a gorgeous landscape painting. Okay, maybe not *hidden*, but definitely, delightfully, *undiscovered* by the masses.

What's the big draw? Is it just… mountains? And quiet? (Sounds boring, tbh.)

Okay, listen. *Mountains*. And *quiet*. You're not wrong, that *can* sound boring. But then you add in *Mount Fuji looming over everything like a majestic, slightly judgmental grandparent* and… well, it's different. The air itself tastes cleaner. The silence allows you to actually *hear* the birds. And the sunsets? Oh. My. God. The sunsets! One evening, the sky practically *melted* into shades of orange, pink, and purple. I literally just stood there, slack-jawed, for like an hour. Didn't take a single picture (because, priorities, people!). Just… *felt*. And yeah, maybe sometimes you need a little boring to find the extraordinary. It's not just mountains; it's the *vibe*. It's the feeling like you've actually escaped. And yeah, there's hiking; it's gorgeous, but my legs said "no thanks" after the first day. Oops.

Okay, I'm intrigued. What's the *actual* stuff to do? Don't leave me hanging on sunsets!

Alright, alright, details! You've got the Fuji Five Lakes (Kawaguchiko, Yamanakako, Saiko, Shojiko, and Motosuko). Each one has its own personality. Kawaguchiko is the most developed, with boat tours and whatnot. I spent a glorious afternoon just… well, sitting. Yamanakako is great for watersports (not my thing, but if you are, go for it!). Then there's the hiking, if your knees are younger and more cooperative than mine. Visit the Oshino Hakkai (picturesque, ancient ponds – very Instagrammable, if you must). Honestly? Just *driving* around is an activity. The views from the various roads are breathtaking. Get a rental car if you have a licence and dare to drive left-hand. The driving is challenging, the roads very narrow, but the reward is a feeling of freedom and discovery. And, of course, EAT.

FOOD! What's the grub like? I'm all about the food.

Oh, you speak my language. Food is EVERYTHING. Fujinokura and the surrounding area? Heaven. You've got the ubiquitous ramen (always a winner), but try the Hoto noodles – thick, hearty noodles in a miso-based broth. SO GOOD, especially on a chilly evening. Local produce is a big deal – fresh vegetables, fruits, and, of course, amazing seafood. Find a little family-run place (they're everywhere!), and you'll eat like a king (or queen!). I found a tiny place that served tempura udon that was just... celestial. I went back three times. The old lady in the kitchen gave me the "are you *still* here?" look, but I didn't care. The taste was worth the potential embarrassment.

Any downsides? 'Cause nothing's perfect, right?

Okay, gotta be real. Yes. It's not all sunshine and rainbows. The language barrier can be tough, especially in smaller places. (My Japanese is… uh… limited). Getting around without a car can be tricky. Public transport is available, but it's not always frequent. And the weather? It can change on a dime. One minute you're basking in sunshine, the next you're getting utterly drenched. Pack layers! There were a couple of days I was so cold, I nearly cried. Also, it's not a party destination. If you're looking for wild nightlife, go somewhere else. This is about tranquility, people. (And maybe the weather. The weather *is* a downer sometimes).

Accommodation? Luxury hotels or backpacking hostels? What's the deal?

A little bit of both, honestly. You can find Ryokans (traditional Japanese inns) with onsen (hot springs), which is an absolute must-do experience. Imagine soaking in mineral-rich water while looking at Fuji-san… bliss! But they can be pricey. There are also more budget-friendly options, like guesthouses and minshuku (family-run bed and breakfasts). I stayed in a charming little guesthouse that felt like staying at a friend's place (a friend with an amazing garden, naturally). I was nervous the first day...because I didn't really have anywhere to go. But after that it was fine. Oh, and there's even camping if you're feeling adventurous (and have the gear!).

Did you manage to take any good pictures of Mount Fuji? Because that's, like, the point, right?

Ugh, the pressure! Okay, yes and no. I have *some* pictures. The problem is, Fuji-san is notoriously shy. Sometimes she's completely hidden in the clouds. I'd wake up, rush outside with my camera, ready for the perfect shot… only to be met with a wall of fog. On other days, she'd be teasingly visible, a perfect cone, then POOF! Gone again. Took a while to not feel ripped off every morning. But I got a few decent ones, I promise. And hey, even ifStay By City

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan

Fujinokura Village B Fujikawaguchiko Japan