Escape to Ellensburg: Your Perfect Stay Awaits at Best Western Plus!
Escape to Ellensburg: A Review That's Almost Perfect (Because Life Isn't, Right?)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at the Best Western Plus Escape to Ellensburg, and let me tell you, I’ve got FEELINGS. This isn't your sanitized, corporate-speak hotel review; this is the real deal, warts and all (and hopefully, more warts than the actual hotel!).
(Keywords: Ellensburg hotel review, Best Western Plus, accessibility, spa, pool, free Wi-Fi, reviews, clean hotel, Ellensburg, WA, family-friendly, pet-friendly (sort of), good food, business travel, vacation)
First of all, Ellensburg. Let’s just say it’s a place that, if you're like me, you probably never intended to go. But sometimes life throws you a curveball (or, in my case, a business conference about… well, let's not bore you) and suddenly you're smack-dab in the middle of Washington state, needing a place to crash. Enter: the Best Western Plus.
Accessibility: (Mostly) a Win!
Right off the bat, I noticed how thoughtful they were about accessibility. The whole vibe of "Escape" is definitely appealing to wide range because of its wide access. It was definitely a plus that they cared for the needs of every individual. Wheelchair accessibility was solid, with ramps and elevators readily available. I didn't personally need them, but I saw several guests using wheelchairs, and they seemed to be navigating the place just fine. Kudos on that, Best Western!
The Internet, Oh the Internet… (And Other Techy Bits)
Okay, let's dive into the digital age, shall we? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hooray! (And yes, I'm shouting.) It was a godsend for someone like me, glued to my laptop (and my Instagram feed, let's be honest). The Internet access was thankfully strong, and while I didn’t try the Internet [LAN] option (who uses LAN anymore?), it’s there if you’re a dinosaur like my uncle. Seriously though, this is a necessity for work and streaming.
Now, the Air conditioning… Ah, that's a tale for later. But the coffee/tea maker in the room? Absolute lifesaver. And the desk was functional, even if I did spill coffee on it (oops!).
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe…But a Little Too Safe?
This is where the hotel really shines in 2024. Best Western clearly takes cleanliness seriously. I'm talking Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. They’ve clearly invested in a serious scrubbing regime, and that was really comforting, given the current climate. I felt genuinely safe. Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere, and the staff all seemed well-versed in safety protocols. [Staff trained in safety protocol] The Smoke detectors and Fire extinguisher made me all the more comfortable!
However…and here's my slightly grumpy opinion: It felt a little sterile at times. Like, okay, I get it, you’re clean, but did you have to strip away all the personality? I want charm, not just sanitization!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Mixed Bag, Honestly
The breakfast [buffet] was…well, it was a buffet. Typical continental fare with some hot options, all adequately palatable. There was a Breakfast takeaway service, which was nice for those rushed mornings. The Coffee shop was convenient, and the Restaurant had a decent menu. But honestly, the best part? The Poolside bar. Especially after a long day. They also had a Snack bar, and the Happy hour was a welcome relief from the conference drone. However, the Room service [24-hour] was a little hit-or-miss, sometimes taking ages; and the Coffee/tea in restaurant was pretty good, but the Bottle of water I received was far from ice cold and slightly bland.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa-aaaaah…And Gym-ga-ha
Alright, let's get to the good stuff. The Spa! I went for a massage. Let's just say, it was needed. She worked out knots I didn't even know I had. Heavenly. Massage was top-notch, and I actually felt my shoulders physically lower. They've also got a Sauna, a Steamroom, and a Pool with a view! Yes, the view. I could almost forget that I was in Ellensburg.
Now, the Fitness center. Ugh. It exists. I’m not a gym person, but I did check it out. It was small, but functional. My main focus was the Swimming pool [outdoor], I could relax every night, as I relaxed my muscles and found my tranquility!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Matter (Mostly)
This is where Best Western really tries to go above and beyond. The Concierge was helpful, the Daily housekeeping was efficient (though, see my earlier complaint about… sterility). There were essential condiments! The Elevator was crucial, and the Laundry service was a godsend after my mishap with the coffee. The Doorman was a bit too shy, but overall, a solid effort.
For the Kids (and the Parents):
I didn't have any kids with me, but I did see lots of families. They had Family/child friendly features, but didn’t see what they entailed.
Available in all rooms Air conditioning Alarm clock Bathrobes Bathroom phone Bathtub Blackout curtains Carpeting Closet Coffee/tea maker Complimentary tea Daily housekeeping Desk Extra long bed Free bottled water Hair dryer High floor In-room safe box Interconnecting room(s) available Internet access – LAN Internet access – wireless Ironing facilities Laptop workspace Linens Mini bar Mirror Non-smoking On-demand movies Private bathroom Reading light Refrigerator Safety/security feature Satellite/cable channels Scale Seating area Separate shower/bathtub Shower Slippers Smoke detector Socket near the bed Sofa Soundproofing Telephone Toiletries Towels Umbrella Visual alarm Wake-up service Wi-Fi [free] Window that opens Additional toilet
The Small Stuff That REALLY Got To Me (Good and Bad):
- The Air Conditioning Saga: My room. It was freezing like a meat locker. I adjusted the thermostat a dozen times, but it remained at artic temperatures. I considered moving. I considered wearing all my clothes to bed. I considered going rogue and ripping off the thermostat and throwing it at the heater. I called the front desk and asked for a blanket. The staff was polite and efficient, bringing up extra blankets. At least I had privacy, even with the room being freezing cold.
- The Awkward Elevator Moments: One time, I was riding up with a couple who were very into each other, and another time, I got in with a very intense business guy who smelled faintly of desperation.
- The Non-Spacious Restroom: I don't think I had space in my restroom.
- The Coffee: I'm a coffee snob. Sorry. I was hoping for locally roasted, artisan brew, but their coffee tasted like brown water.
Final Verdict: Escape to Ellensburg… Maybe?
Look, the Best Western Plus Escape to Ellensburg isn’t perfect. It’s got its quirks, its flaws, and its moments of… well, let’s say ‘blandness.’ But it's clean, safe, the spa is glorious, and the free Wi-Fi is a massive win. If you're looking for a solid, reliable place to stay in Ellensburg, it's a decent choice. Would I go back? Probably. Because, let's face it, sometimes you just need a clean bed, a hot shower, and a damn good massage. And, okay, maybe another shot at that spa…
Lake Klopeiner Chalet Sauna Escape: Your Austrian Dream Awaits!Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive HEADFIRST into my chaotic, potentially disastrous, but undeniably AUTHENTIC Ellensburg adventure, home base: the Best Western Plus Ellensburg. Grab your snacks, your sanity (what's left of it, anyway), and let's go!
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Ellensburg Unknown (Plus Existential Dread)
1:00 PM: Arrive at the Best Western. Okay, first impressions: the lobby is… perfectly average. Which, you know, is sometimes exactly what you need. I swear, after a 6-hour drive where I spent most of it questioning my life choices (was that the exit for that gas station? Did I really need that fourth bag of chips?), “average” feels like a warm hug. Check-in was smooth. The poor receptionist probably had to endure my rambling about the sheer vastness of the Eastern Washington landscape, which, let's be honest, is a LOT.
1:30 PM: Unpack. This is where the true test begins. Will the drawers work? Will the ice machine be functional? (These are the things that truly matter, people!). My room is on the second floor, and I'm already sweating. Elevator? Nope, I'm taking the stairs because I need the exercise… and I still have the snacks. Oh dear god, the snacks.
2:00 PM: Wander time! Okay, I need a plan. Ellensburg. What is Ellensburg? I’d looked at the brochures, but honestly, the words started blurring together. "Historic Downtown," "Central Washington University," "Outdoor Recreation…" blah blah blah. My stomach growls. Decide to find a place to eat.
2:30 PM: Food. I stumble upon a place called The Red Pickle. It's a diner! Perfect. Ordered the burger. No regrets. Actually, I take that back. Slight regret. The burger was great, but I spilled ketchup all over myself. I look like a crime scene. Okay, deep breaths, nobody saw. Just a solo traveler having a moment, right? Right?!
4:00 PM: Downtown exploration. Okay, back to my wandering ways. Ellensburg's downtown is actually kinda charming, with brick buildings and vintage signs. I feel like I’m back in a time machine! I pop into some quirky antique shops, mostly browsing, because I'm a broke travel…oh wait, actually I just bought a useless trinket. I swear it was a necessary purchase. It's a weird little cat figurine. And I must have it.
6:00 PM: Back at the hotel for a nap. Seriously, I'm exhausted. The existential dread is kicking in again, brought on by the realization that I brought 3 books to read but have only read the package of chips.
7:30 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Okay, not amazing, but perfectly adequate. I can hear my neighbors chatting. I'm also going to stay with some self-care while feeling homesick. So I'm gonna watch a movie.
Day 2: The Great Outdoors (and My Ongoing Battle with Gravity)
8:00 AM: Breakfast at the Best Western. Surprisingly good! Waffles, omelet station… They know the way to a weary traveler's heart.
9:00 AM: Hiking! Okay, I'm attempting a hike. I have read that the scenery is beautiful, but my fitness level is "exists." I picked a "moderate" trail. Famous last words. I take some pictures, but after 15 minutes, I'm already regretting my life choices. This "moderate" trail is mocking me. Every incline feels like Mount Everest. I get back to the hotel exhausted, but it was worth it.
1:00 PM: Lunch! This time I found a local place. It was a local bar, so I did what any solo traveler would do. Ordered a beer. And another. And then some food. I talked to the bartender, who told me about the Yakima Valley, and my heart skipped a beat. My brain wants to explore. Maybe I should have done more research?
3:00 PM: The "Pool" Moment. Let me be honest. I saw the photos. I had visions, of a relaxing dip. Maybe a quick swim! It seems peaceful. What I found was a small pool, with what appears to be a child. The chlorine smell is strong. I'm still not sure if it's safe to go in. I decided to skip it.
5:00 PM: I'm back in my room, and already regretting my decision. I should have said "screw it" to the pool. But did I? No.
7:00 PM: Dinner! I go to explore some restaurants, but all are closed. I guess I'm going to have to do a solo meal.
8:00 PM: I'm watching TV in my hotel room, and all I can do is feel homesick. I call home. I'm gonna have a talk with myself to feel better.
Day 3: Leaving Ellensburg (and the lingering taste of… something)
8:00 AM: Breakfast and check-out. I wolfed down breakfast (again, surprisingly good!). The checkout was fine. I gave a 5-star rating to the front desk. The lady with the cat figurine is leaving!
9:00 AM: Revisit downtown, and take one last look at the antique stores. I spent way too much time looking at old records.
10:00 AM: I was hungry again. I decided to visit the restaurant from the first day. I ordered a hotdog. It was a hotdog. I'll leave it at that.
11:00 AM: Final Ellensburg thoughts. This place is… okay. Definitely not the most exciting trip ever, but I'm not the most exciting person.
12:00 PM: Head on home! Okay, the drive is long, but I know I can do it. I'll have to make a stop to buy more chips.
Final Thoughts:
Best Western Plus Ellensburg? A reliable, average hotel. Ellensburg itself? Quirky, and I have to give it that. Would I return? Maybe, eventually. When I need a dose of "perfectly okay," this might be my spot. However, I need a serious nap after all this. I need. A vacation. From this vacation. This whole experience has been, messy, honest, funny, and absolutely human. And that's okay.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Home Awaits in Kropelin, Germany!Escape to Ellensburg: Your Perfect Stay Awaits (Maybe?) at Best Western Plus! -- Let's be real, shall we?
Okay, spill the tea. Is this Best Western REALLY that good? "Perfect" is a loaded word, ya know...
Alright, alright. "Perfect"? Let's dial it back a smidge. Look, it's a Best Western Plus. That means... well, it means it's a step up from the bottom barrel, right? The kind of place where you *hope* the continental breakfast is... edible. And usually, it is! Now, I stayed there last month, you know, just a quick trip to see the rodeo. I'd call it... reliably decent. Clean rooms, generally friendly staff. But 'perfect'? Nah. My shower head seemed to be having a personal vendetta against me, constantly switching between a gentle drizzle and a full-on fire hose assault. It was a battle every morning! But hey, the bed was comfy. And the coffee in the lobby? Surprisingly good. So, perfectly 'decent' is probably a better description.
The website boasts a pool and hot tub. Are they, like, actually usable, or are they perpetually filled with questionable… stuff?
Okay, this is important. I'm a pool person, okay? I love to just *float*. So yes, I checked out the pool and hot tub. And… they were okay. The pool was… cleanish. Look, it wasn't shimmering like an infinity pool in Bali, but it didn't have that swampy, green tinge you sometimes find. The hot tub? A little crowded when I was there, mostly with families with kids who acted like they owned the place (you know the type!). But the water *seemed* clean. I mean, I didn't develop any extra limbs or anything. So, safe to say… usable? Yes. Luxury experience? Nope. Bring your own pool float, just in case. I regretted leaving mine at home.
Speaking of food… what's the breakfast situation? Is it the usual sad buffet?
Ugh, the breakfast. It's a gamble, isn't it? The "continental breakfast" is always a bit of a Russian roulette. Best Western Plus tries to be better, I give them that. There were waffles, which were surprisingly crispy when I went – a rare win! The usual suspects were present: stale pastries which I avoided like the plague (I'm on a diet, even if it doesn't always show!), some sad-looking fruit, and the ever-present, eternally optimistic, pre-packaged yogurt. The coffee, as I mentioned was decent. The eggs? Well, let's just say they weren't winning any culinary awards. I made a tactical move and grabbed a bunch of the little breakfast sausage links - the kind of greasy joy that makes you feel both happy and vaguely ashamed. Honestly, if you're a breakfast snob, lower your expectations. But if you're just hungry and need some fuel for the day… it'll do the job. Though I might bring some protein bars next time. Lesson learned.
How's the parking? Is it a free-for-all? And is there space for a giant pickup truck? (Asking for a friend…).
Parking… ah, the bane of the traveler's existence. Okay, good news. Parking *was* free, which is always a bonus. There was also a decent amount of it. I saw a few seriously hefty trucks. I'm guessing your "friend" (wink, wink) shouldn't have any problems. Just… don't be a jerk and take up two spaces, yeah? We're all in this together, trying to have a pleasant stay. And trust me, parking rage is not a good look, especially when you're trying to be on vacation.
What's Ellensburg actually like? Is it a ghost town, or is there stuff to do?
Ellensburg itself... Well, it's a small town, but charming in its own way. Definitely not a ghost town! The Best Western is pretty close to Central Washington University, so there's a bit of a college-town vibe, you know? Lots of coffee shops (thank God!), some decent restaurants, and for me, the rodeo was the main draw. You can hike around the area and take in some sights. It's not a bustling metropolis, and that's kind of refreshing. You're not going to get overwhelmed. It's a good place to just chill, relax and get away from the big cities' madness. Ellensburg felt like a place where people actually *talked* to each other. That's rare nowadays. I ended up chatting with a local at a diner about the weather for like half an hour! Honestly, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.
Okay, let's get down to it. What was the *worst* part of your experience, be brutally honest.
Alright, alright. The *worst* part... hmm. Okay, here's a confession. I'm a light sleeper. Like, a ridiculously light sleeper. And my room? It was right next to the ice machine.
That infernal machine was a symphony of clanging and grinding. Every time someone needed ice at 3 in the morning, I’d wake up. Seriously, it was like living in a metal factory, constantly hearing the incessant rumbling and clatter of that beast. I'm pretty sure by the end of my stay, I could recite the exact process for making ice based on how frequently I was awoken. I eventually resorted to earplugs, which helped. But the memory of that ice machine…shudders.
Would you stay there again? Or are you scarred for life by the ice machine?
Hmph. That ice machine, it tested me. But, let's be realistic. It's a decent option for Ellensburg. It’s not a luxurious resort, but it gets the job done. I'd probably stay there again, but I'd absolutely request a room as FAR AWAY from that ice machine as humanly possible. And I'd bring industrial-strength earplugs. And maybe a therapist. Just in case.