Escape to Italy: Luxurious Belvilla in Perugia Awaits!
Escape to Italy: Belvilla's Perugia Promise… Did It Deliver? (A Rambling Review)
Okay, so here goes. My Italian escape. Perugia, Belvilla, Luxurious… the brochure practically whispered promises of sun-drenched bliss. I'm back, slightly bewildered, and ready to spill the beans. Prepare yourselves. This isn't going to be your perfectly polished, bullet-pointed travel guide. This is the real deal, warts and all.
First Impressions (and the Accessibility Angle)
Alright, let's rip off the band-aid. Accessibility. That was a big concern for me, and Belvilla's website claimed to be accommodating. Now, "facilities for disabled guests" are listed, which is a good start, but it’s SO vague. The website mentioned it, and in theory, ramps and elevators were supposed to exist… but actually finding them, and making sure the whole thing was accessible was the issue. I’m putting on my accessibility glasses here and being a bit critical. Honestly, from what I saw, I’d ask for clarifications before booking. Perugia itself, well, let’s just say it’s a city built on hills. Get ready for a workout, or plan your taxi routes meticulously. Car park [on-site] was a godsend though. And the elevator, after a bit of searching, did exist. So, a mixed bag on day one.
The Internet Saga (Or, How I Lost My Mind Online)
Internet access – LAN and Internet access – wireless in the room? Great! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Excellent! This is where things got… interesting. First, the Wi-Fi password was a cryptic series of numbers and hieroglyphs. Second, the signal strength resembled a dying hummingbird struggling to reach a nectar feeder. I spent half the first day wandering around the hallways like a digital ghost, desperately trying to upload a photo of my perfectly imperfect pasta dish. The Internet [LAN] option? Ha! I gave up that fight early. The promise of “Internet Services” felt more like a cruel joke. Eventually, I gave up and embraced the offline life (and maybe even a bit of forced mindfulness). It was… actually, kinda nice. But also, incredibly frustrating when I just wanted to check my email.
Food, Glorious (And Sometimes Questionable) Food
Let's be real, the food in Italy is a major selling point. And Belvilla promised a feast for the senses. Restaurants? Yep, plural. A buffet in restaurant was on offer at breakfast, which was a decent spread, albeit a bit… industrial in feeling. There was a vegetarian restaurant which I, as a vegetarian, gave a shot. It was… fine. Nothing to write home about, but edible. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was… well, I'll just say it was brave of them. It may have been trying to do a fusion thing, but my tastebuds just didn't get it. This is where the coffee/tea in the restaurant saved the day. Plenty of caffeine to help me process. I should also mention the Poolside bar. That was a true winner, a delightful place for a pre-dinner aperitivo.
Anecdote Alert: I tried to order a salad at the salad in restaurant one evening, and let’s just say the communication barrier, coupled with my limited Italian, led to me getting a plate piled HIGH with olives. A LOT of olives. I love olives, but even I was defeated.
Relaxation Station: Spa, Pool, and Potential Bliss
Things to do, ways to relax. This is where Belvilla really shined. Pool with view? Check! It was gorgeous! Seriously, the view alone could have made the trip worth it. Swimming pool [outdoor]? Absolutely. And the most amazing thing I have seen so far in the hotel! The spa was a proper treat. The massage was heavenly (highly recommend, but book it in advance!), and the sauna was the perfect antidote to the internet frustrations. The steamroom was nice too. The Body scrub and Body wrap were available, but I didn’t try them.
Rant time: Then there was the fitness center. The machines looked like they’d been abandoned in a forgotten corner of the hotel and they were so dusty.
Cleanliness and Safety (In the Era of Covid)
Okay, serious mode back on. I'm a germaphobe by nature, and the whole pandemic thing definitely amplified that. I was checking the hygiene certifications and the staff trained in safety protocol because if I'm doing something, I'm doing it properly! I was very careful and looked for things like Anti-viral cleaning products, and Daily disinfection in common areas. Now, they definitely made an effort. Hand sanitizer was everywhere. The staff wore masks and they seemed to take things seriously, which was reassuring. Rooms sanitized between stays - tick that box. The Safe dining setup was good as well. Seeing things like Physicial distancing of at least 1 meter made me feel much more relaxed.
The Rooms Themselves: Cozy or Crushing (The Decor Edition)
Available in all rooms a list of necessities, all ticked. (The Alarm clock didn't work, but who uses those anymore anyway?) Air conditioning? Blessedly, yes. Blackout curtains? Essential for a good night's sleep. The Bed was comfy, though a little squishy after a couple of days. This is the big one. However, that's where the problems started.
Anecdote Alert: My window opened – hooray! - but the view was of a rather sad-looking wall. The Room decorations felt a little… dated. Like, the kind of dated that involves a lot of floral wallpaper and furniture that could have been rescued from a museum. It was a bit like traveling back in time, and not always in a good way. Free bottled water was a nice touch, however. And the bathrobes were fluffy! That's a win. There was a mirror, too. A very nice one. A good one in fact. I liked it! The hair dryer was pretty rubbish, but that's a small gripe. However, there was a mini bar. It was expensive, but full of nice things.
Services and Conveniences: The Practicalities (and the Quirks)
Daily housekeeping was efficient and friendly. The concierge was helpful, though sometimes seemed a little frazzled. One day, I asked for some help as I was trying to figure out how to get to the airport. He did not seem to know what was going on. He was looking for a taxi but there were none to be seen. We ended up having to arrange transport in a somewhat haphazard way. The Dry cleaning and Laundry service came in handy, and the Luggage storage was a lifesaver. And, despite my earlier internet rant, having business facilities available seemed to be a good idea, even if I didn’t actually use them. Gift/souvenir shop was also a great way to pick up presents.
Quirky observation: The hotel’s elevators played a selection of very questionable elevator music. It added a certain… je ne sais quoi to the whole experience. It was very "easy listening".
The Verdict: Worth the Escape? (With a Big But!)
So, did I have a "luxurious" escape? Parts of it, yes. The views, the spa, the location (once you figure out how to navigate it), were absolutely worth it. But there were definitely some bumps along the way. The internet situation was a real pain, and the accessibility could be improved. The food was hit or miss. Belvilla tried to cater to everything, but sometimes ended up feeling a bit scattered.
Ultimately, would I recommend it? Yes, with a caveat. Go with realistic expectations. Realize that "luxury" is sometimes relative. And, most importantly: download some maps before you leave, embrace the offline life, and get ready to enjoy Italy, regardless of the Wi-Fi signal. Perugia is waiting, and it’s beautiful. Just pack some patience, and maybe your own internet hotspot. Arrivederci!
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Texel Apartment with Whirlpool & Ocean Views!Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my utterly chaotic, potentially disastrous, but hopefully delightful Italian adventure at a Belvilla by OYO in Valdalto, near Perugia. Consider this less a meticulously crafted travel itinerary and more a diary of a slightly unhinged tourist.
Day 1: Arrival and a Panic-Induced Pasta Pilgrimage
- Morning (8:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Flight from… well, let's just say "somewhere far away." The flight itself? Forgettable. Smelly airplane food, crying babies, the usual. But hey, we landed IN ITALY! My internal monologue immediately screamed "PASTA!"
- Mid-morning (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): The drive to Valdalto. Oh, the drive. Picture this: me, Google Maps, and a car that might be older than I am. We were navigating the winding Italian roads, which are apparently designed to make you question every life choice you’ve ever made. The GPS kept screaming "Turn right! Turn right!" and me, equally frantic, was screaming "ARE YOU SURE?!" We might have missed a few turns. Okay, we definitely missed a few turns.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 3:00 PM): FINALLY! We arrive at the Belvilla. The pictures online? Utterly romantic. The reality? … Chock it up to "rustic charm." The house is beautiful, and it is full of character, so character it has. I was immediately charmed by the view. I went to the balcony, there's a stunning view of the valley. No sooner did I set my foot on the house, that I needed some carbs.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Pasta emergency! Finding a decent restaurant in a new country when you are starving is always a challenge. After some local advice and a quick Google search, we locate a tiny trattoria in a neighboring village. It's exactly what you picture: checkered tablecloths, a nonna bustling around, and the smell of garlic. My stomach is rumbling with anticipation. Ordered spaghetti carbonara. And let me tell you, I have had carbonara before, but this? This was life-altering. I practically inhaled it. My face was covered in sauce. I didn't care. It was glorious.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): A quick walk to the local grocery store, where every single thing sounded like a challenge. I spent 30 minutes just staring at the cheese selection. I almost wept. Got back to the house, exhausted but happy.
- Evening (7:00 PM onwards): Sinking into a comfy chair with a glass of local wine (probably too much, if I'm being honest). The view from the balcony… breathtaking. The quiet… blissful. The feeling of being in Italy… pure magic.
Day 2: Perugia Perplexities and a Pizza Predicament
- Morning (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Attempt at a leisurely breakfast. Reality? Me tripping over the dog. The coffee was strong enough to wake the dead. Fuel for the day!
- Morning (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Heading to Perugia. The city! I envisioned myself strolling effortlessly through cobblestone streets, effortlessly sipping espresso, like a seasoned traveler. Instead, I spent a good hour lost, trying to decipher the parking signs. Parking in Perugia is a combat sport. I'm pretty sure I almost got run over by a Vespa.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Perugia. Beautiful, ancient, and, let's face it, a little bit overwhelming. I wandered the narrow streets, getting delightfully and completely lost. Found the Fontana Maggiore - stunning. The Duomo - majestic. But honestly? I was starting to get hangry.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Pizza mission! The search for the perfect pizza. We found a place that looked promising. It was crowded, noisy, and the air was thick with the aroma of… well, pizza. I ordered a pizza with mushrooms. And it arrived, and it was perfect. It was so good, I almost cried again.
- Evening (6:00 PM - onwards): Back at the Belvilla, feeling utterly spent but happy. More wine (obviously). The dog is snoring. I am starting to feel like I'm actually living here, not just visiting. And for a moment, that feels like the best feeling in the world.
Day 3: Day Trip Doom and Olive Oil Obsession
- Morning (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): The weather's changed, as usual, it's pouring torrents of rain. We're supposed to travel to Orvieto today.
- Morning (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Decided to stay and have breakfast at home. I thought, "it's raining, why not?" A decision, I will regret.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): I'm suddenly craving olive oil. I'm looking for olive oil to get my tastebuds satisfied. I spent the rest of the afternoon searching for the perfect olive oil.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Tasting different olive oils. Found the perfect olive oil. It's worth the trip!
- Evening (6:00 PM - onwards): More pasta. More wine. More happiness.
Day 4: Departure and a Sad Farewell (and a Promise to Return)
- Morning (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Last breakfast. I'm already sad. Staring at the view for the last time.
- Morning (10:00 AM -1:00 PM): Packing. The car's loaded. The dog is staring.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - onwards): Leaving. The drive to the airport. Saying goodbye to Italy is incredibly hard. But, you know what? I'll be back. Because, well, pasta. And pizza. And the view. And the magic. I'm already planning my return. This messy, imperfect, but utterly unforgettable trip? It was pure heaven.
This itinerary is, of course, subject to change. I, myself, am subject to change. (Especially after all this wine!) But if you're looking for an authentic, messy, and utterly human Italian experience, I highly recommend Valdalto. And don't worry about the mistakes, the missed turns, the hangry moments. That's all part of the adventure. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some more pasta.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Holiday Home in Olsdorf, Bitburg!So, Perugia… Belvilla… Tell me about it! Is it, like, *actually* luxurious? Because "luxurious" can mean anything these days, right?
Alright, alright, settle down. "Luxurious" is a loaded word, I hear you. My experience? Well, let's just say I wasn't exactly roughing it. The *villa* – and oh sweet, delicious mercy, the *villa* – was stunning. Think ancient stone walls, views that would make a caffeinated saint weep, and a pool that begged to be cannonballed into (which, naturally, I did. Twice. OKAY, three times). The kitchen? Seriously, the kitchen was nicer than *my apartment*. Marble countertops, the works! It had that weird European fridge filled with nothing and all-inclusive coffee machine.
But… (and there's always a but, isn't there?)… there were a few… *character quirks*. The hot water in the master bathroom? Let's just say it had a mind of its own. One minute, scalding. The next, ice cold. I developed a whole new appreciation for the quick shower. And the Wi-Fi? Let's just say it was… *temperamental*. Prepare to embrace the digital detox, or stalk a particularly strong signal like a caffeinated detective. Actually, I think that was the point. No phone calls, just me, the wine, the pasta, and the stunning views. It turned into a real highlight.
Okay, so it sounds good, but what about the location? Is it in the middle of nowhere? I don't want to be stranded!
Perugia itself is a gem, and the Belvilla was perfectly positioned… for exploring. It wasn't *smack dab* in the city center, which I loved (the peace and quiet were divine). It was a short drive from the heart of Perugia, and from there you get pretty much anywhere else in Umbria pretty easily. You'll want a car, trust me.
Driving in Italy... well, it's an adventure. Navigating those winding, ancient roads is an experience in itself. Just accept that the locals are going to drive faster than you and that "yield" is a suggestion. That being said, the countryside is breathtaking! I remember driving back from Montefalco one evening. The sun was setting, painting the rolling hills in shades of gold and rose… and I almost drove off the road because I was so mesmerized. Okay, that actually happened. I was lucky there was no one coming the other way. And then I had to find a place to pull over to laugh until I cried and could focus on the road again.
What's the best part about staying in a Belvilla? Is it the view? The pool? The chance to finally master Italian? (Spoiler: I haven't.)
Oh, *that's* a tough one. The *views* are soul-stirring, absolutely. You could spend a week just staring out the window and feeling your blood pressure drop. The pool? Pure, unadulterated bliss. I spent hours just bobbing around like a happy, bloated otter.
But for me? The *unforgettable moments* were in the small things. Like… cooking. I actually cooked. In *Italy*. I bought fresh pasta from a local market, which was an experience in itself (pointing at things and repeating " *uno, due, tre* " is a universally understood language of purchase). I made a mess of the kitchen, but I swear the taste of that simple pasta, with fresh tomatoes and basil, was sheer perfection. And drinking wine on the terrace as the sun went down with my book, which was pretty damn good too. Or just being *there*, experiencing the air, the smells, the sounds… the *life* of Italy. Just being there. The villa was nice, sure, but Italy, in all its messy, beautiful, imperfect glory, was the real star of the show. Yes, that counts as luxurious.
Any tips for first-timers? And what about the pasta? I'm hearing rumors…
Alright, listen up, future pasta-fiends!
Tips:
- Embrace the chaos. Things don't always run on schedule in Italy. It's part of the charm. Just breathe, smile, and go with the flow.
- Learn a few basic Italian phrases. " *Ciao, grazie, per favore, dov'è il bagno?* " (Hello, thank you, please, where is the bathroom?) goes a long way.
- Pack comfortable shoes. Cobblestone streets are unforgiving.
- Don’t be afraid to get lost. It’s how you discover the best hidden gems.
- Be prepared to eat *a lot* of pasta. Seriously. It's inevitable.
About the pasta: They're not kidding. The pasta is *divine*. Fresh, handmade, and in every shape imaginable. And the sauces? Oh, the sauces! I had pasta carbonara three times in one week. (Don't judge me!) My advice? Try everything. Really. Everything. And if you find a dish you absolutely adore, order it again. And again. You're in Italy, darling, live a little!
What's the biggest letdown or negative experience? I mean, it can't *all* be sunshine and pasta, right?
Ugh, you're right. Okay, here's the truth bomb: the initial key pickup was… an experience. Finding the office to get the keys involved a lot of circling, backtracking, and asking for directions. I blamed jet lag for my confusion—and maybe the delicious *aperitivo* before. Once I figured it out, it was fine, but that first hour was filled with my frustration and a little bit of self-doubt.
Also, and this one is minor, but it bugged me. The lack of a decent coffee machine. I had to buy a cheap, flimsy espresso maker from a nearby shop. The quality of Italian coffee is an art form. So I figured out how to make it, and then spent an hour a day drinking coffee and gazing at the landscape. In the end, it didn't ruin the trip (far from it), but if you are picky about your coffee, bring your own. Or learn the Italian art of coffee making. I do think I've got it down.
Would you go back? Honestly?
ABSOLUTELY. In a heartbeat. Despite the minor hiccups, the whole experience was just… *magical*. I'm already dreaming of returning. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll book another Belvilla… maybe next year? Italy, Perugia, Belvilla… it's calling to me. I'm pretty sure my blood is now mostly Chianti. So yes, do it. Go. *And bring me back some pasta!* And maybe some of that coffee. Seriously... coffee.