Alexander Motel Kaohsiung: Your Unexpected Taiwanese Paradise Awaits!
Alexander Motel Kaohsiung: My Unexpected Taiwanese Paradise… With a Few Quirks! (A Rambling, Honest Review)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sterile, corporate hotel review. This is ME, spilling the tea on Alexander Motel in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. And let me tell you, it was a freaking experience. The kind that leaves you with fuzzy memories and a slightly-too-full belly.
SEO & Metadata Time (Let's get this over with!)
- Keywords: Alexander Motel Kaohsiung Review, Kaohsiung Hotels, Taiwanese Motel, Accessible Hotel Kaohsiung, Spa Kaohsiung, Swimming Pool Kaohsiung, Free Wifi Kaohsiung, Clean Hotel Kaohsiung, Kaohsiung Dining, Kaohsiung Travel, Taiwan Travel, Wheelchair Accessible Kaohsiung, Family Friendly Kaohsiung, Romantic Getaway Kaohsiung
- Meta Description: A brutally honest review of Alexander Motel Kaohsiung! Find out if this Taiwanese haven lives up to the hype, from its spa to its accessibility, food, and everything in between. Prepare for quirks, surprises, and a healthy dose of my unfiltered opinions!
Okay, Back to Reality… and the Motel!
First off, the name is a bit misleading. "Motel" conjures up images of roadside stops. This… this is not that. It's more like a… well, a luxuriously quirky palace.
Accessibility: A+ (Mostly!)
Right off the bat, a huge thumbs up! Wheelchair accessible is a big deal for me and honestly, I was pleasantly surprised. Ramps were there, elevators worked, and the staff seemed genuinely helpful. Facilities for disabled guests are definitely present, and I especially appreciated the spaciousness. However (and there's always a "however" isn't there?), the exterior corridors felt a tad… exposed. Like, you're basically walking down a long hallway visible to everyone, which could potentially ruin your mood. But the Elevator was a Godsend.
On-Site Goodies & Relaxation: Spa Day, Anyone?!
Okay, let's talk about the good stuff. The, erm, stuff that justifies the "palace" descriptor.
- Swimming Pool [Outdoor]: The pool with view? Yep. It's pretty darn spectacular, especially at sunset. Very Insta-worthy. The Poolside bar was a nice touch, and the happy hour deals? Don't mind if I do (or did!).
- Spa/Sauna: They actually delivered on the spa promise! Tried the Body scrub and let me tell you, it was intense. Like, "my skin has never felt so alive" intense. Did I judge the person giving the scrub? Uh, no. I thanked them at every turn. Sauna, Steamroom, and Foot bath were all top-notch. Massage made me feel like a noodle.
- Fitness Center: Okay, I saw the Fitness center, Gym/fitness but I… may have just… you know… "forgot." Too much delicious food, I guess. Let's call it "priorities."
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Prepare to (Over)Eat
This is where Alexander Motel really shines. Seriously, I think I gained five pounds just existing there.
- Restaurants: Plural! They have a bunch. Asian cuisine in restaurant was the obvious go-to (duh, Taiwan!). International cuisine in restaurant was surprisingly good, too. I especially loved the Vegetarian restaurant (because I needed a break from all the meat).
- Breakfast [buffet]: Buckle up, it's amazing. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, all the deliciousness you can imagine. I might have eaten three plates of that fried rice. Don't judge me! I will warn you, though, the Coffee/tea in restaurant can be a bit… hit or miss. Just sayin’.
- Room Service [24-hour]: Major win. Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver at 3 AM when you're battling jet lag and craving a club sandwich. The Snack bar was a great addition to the menu.
- A La Carte in restaurant: This restaurant was just a delight. So I had the Desserts in restaurant: heavenly! The Soup in restaurant was worth eating.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound!
- Hygiene certification was displayed prominently.
- Daily disinfection in common areas and the fact that they use anti-viral cleaning products made me feel a LOT more comfortable.
- Rooms sanitized between stays. This is crucial, especially these days.
- Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere.
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher - All this made me feel really secure.
Internet & Tech: Connected, Baby!
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Glorious, reliable, speedy Wi-Fi. Very important for a digital nomad like myself. Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN. I got it all. Internet was fast, and I even got work done. (Mostly.)
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Front desk [24-hour] – Always appreciated. They were incredibly helpful.
- Concierge. Helped with tips, reservations, all the good stuff.
- Luggage storage - a must considering all the souvenirs I ended up buying.
- Daily housekeeping – My room was always spotless.
- Laundry service - Thank goodness.
- Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange. Convenient!
- Air conditioning in public area and Available in all rooms - Thank the gods!
- Car park [free of charge] - Amazing, because parking sucks.
- Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, and Valet parking - All great add-ons.
- Convenience store: For those late-night snack cravings.
Available in all rooms
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Things to Do (Besides Eating… Which is Basically a Thing to Do)
- For the kids: I'm not a parent, but I saw the Kids facilities, Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal and it looked great for families!
- Meetings, Seminar, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display - If you're in Kaohsiung for business, this place is equipped.
- Outdoor venue for special events, Proposal spot, Terrace - Romantic!
The Quirks, The Imperfections, The Realness:
Okay, here's the honesty bomb.
- The decor. It's… unique. Think: a lot of velvet, possibly too many mirrors, and maybe a disco ball or two (kidding… mostly). But hey, it's fun! Also, my Room decorations were kind of over the top sometimes.
- One time, I tried to order a specific cocktail, and the bartender just… looked confused. He ended up making something vaguely similar, which was fine. But it reminded me that sometimes, the "luxury" can feel a little… lost in translation.
- But the slight imperfections? They made it feel real. Like, this wasn't some cookie-cutter, soul-sucking hotel chain. It was a place with character, with a heart.
Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. Despite the quirks, the slight hiccups, and the potential for overeating, Alexander Motel Kaohsiung was a truly memorable experience. It's a great option for families, business people, or those looking to relax and explore a cool part of Taiwan. Just be prepared to embrace the unexpected (and maybe pack some stretchy pants).
Final Verdict: 4.5 out of 5 Stars (and a slightly expanded waistline!)
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Terrace Home Awaits in Peissenberg, Germany!Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously color-coded itinerary. This is more like… well, it's me, trying to survive a few days in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, and trying (key word: trying) to have a good time. I'm calling it the "Alexander Motel Kaohsiung: Probably Gonna Screw This Up" itinerary.
PRE-TRIP PANIC (aka the week before):
- Tuesday: Okay, first off, I'm not sure where I put my passport. Deep breath. Actually, maybe two. Found it! Next hurdle: did I pack enough underwear? The most crucial question of any travel experience, in my deeply biased opinion.
- Wednesday: Google Maps-ing Kaohsiung like my life depends on it. Oh god, so many temples. Is it culturally insensitive to wear my "World's Okayest Traveler" t-shirt? Probably. But who is really going to know? The existential dread starts early. Flight booking confirmation - check!
DAY 1: ARRIVAL, SURVIVAL, AND THE MYSTERY MEAL
- Morning (or, more accurately, what felt like 3 AM): Flight. The usual. Tiny seats, questionable airline food (I bravely consumed it, for the sake of experience, and now I'm not sure I'll ever feel the same about airline food again), and the incessant need to pee. Landed in Kaohsiung. Humidity hit me like a warm, sticky hug. My hair immediately frizzled. I looked like I'd been electrocuted. Lovely.
- Mid-Morning: Taxi to Alexander Motel (fingers crossed it's still standing). After 20 or more minutes of traffic. Check-in. The air conditioning feels divine. Room: slightly dated, but clean. Success!
- Early Afternoon: This is where things get fuzzy. Wandering. No clear plan, just a general sense of "get food." Found some incredibly delicious street food. I'm not really sure what I ate, but I think it involved noodles, some kind of meat (probably chicken, maybe pork, who cares), and a sauce that made my eyes water in the best way possible. It was gone in seconds. Heaven.
- Late Afternoon: Attempted to visit a "night market" (the one the guidebooks rave about). Got utterly lost. Ended up in a completely different night market. It was a sensory overload – smells, sounds, lights, people. I was overwhelmed, but in a good way. Tried some weird fruit that looked like a sea creature. Verdict: surprisingly good.
- Evening: Collapsed in my motel room. Exhausted. Took a long, cold shower to wash away the day's chaos. The thought of dinner was too much: a real, actual, adult moment, a big, adult decision. I have to eat… but I also want to lie down. I am so confused.
DAY 2: CULTURAL FLOPS AND THE TEMPLE OF… SOMETHING
- Morning: Determined to be cultured. Vowed to visit a temple. I am not good at temples. I feel so guilty of my lack of cultural awareness. Found a temple – some kind of Buddhist temple. I think I did all the appropriate things (shoes off, no loud talking, staring in awe). I felt like a bull in a china shop, clumsily trying to navigate a world I clearly didn't understand. Beautiful artwork, though. I will take that.
- Mid-Morning: This is the part where I'm supposed to say I learned something profound. But honestly, I just felt a bit out of place. Bought a pretty, sparkly bracelet. Found a coffee place and drank a coffee.
- Afternoon: Stumbled upon a park. Sat on a bench. Watched people. Observed a family playing. Laughed at the squirrels. Maybe all this traveling isn't so bad.
- Late Afternoon: This time, I did a "proper" night market. This one was huge. Overwhelming. I started to feel like I might actually be allergic to something on the street.
- Evening: Had a moment of panic (that I couldn't find a restaurant from a travel blog). Ate a bowl of noodles - again. It was good. Comforting. Also, my stomach is probably a temple to noodles at this point. I bought some more fruit.
DAY 3: THE RED BOAT, THE WATER, AND THE SLIGHT RETURN OF HOPE
- Morning: Red Boat! The love-letter to the city. The boat was okay, a bit of a letdown, the boat wasn't red but I went anyway. Not enough water-related activities. It was kinda boring, actually. Lots of pretty views, but still I was bored. I need more excitement. Less beauty.
- Afternoon: Trying to find a different temple. Still have an issue with not knowing the actual names of buildings. The humidity is getting to me. I went and got a drink.
- Late Afternooon: Found a bookstore. Not very good but I sat for a while and read. It was nice. I'd gone from an emotional low to a moderate high.
- Evening: Got ready for my flight in the morning. Got some snacks. I am happy to go home.
DEBRIEF (aka Post-Trip Ramblings):
- Food: The food was mostly amazing, even the stuff I didn't recognize. I am proud of my bravery.
- Culture: Still confused. But appreciate the world around me.
- Emotional State: Exhausted but exhilarated (maybe that's just the jet lag talking).
- Would I Go Back? Maybe. Probably. Actually, I miss it already.
Final Thoughts: This trip was a mess. I probably did everything wrong. But I saw things, ate things, and felt things. And that’s all that matters, right? Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need a nap. And maybe some more noodles.
Escape to Paradise: Luxurious Texel Holiday Home with Infrared Sauna!Alexander Motel Kaohsiung: Seriously, What's the Deal? (Honest FAQs)
Okay, spill. Is the Alexander Motel really as... *eccentric* as the photos make it seem?
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because yes. YES! The photos? They barely scratch the surface. It's like stepping into a parallel universe designed by a team of architects who’d been hitting the sake pretty hard. Think less "boutique hotel" and more "escape room meets Vegas meets your grandma's spare bedroom... in a good way?" Seriously, the themed rooms? They're *wild*. I’m talking full-blown underwater themes, roman bath extravaganzas... I even saw a room that looked like they’d built a spaceship *inside* (though I didn't brave that one). It’s a sensory overload, but a delightfully chaotic one. My honest opinion? Book a room, EXPECT the unexpected, and embrace the gloriously weird ride.
So, about those "themed rooms"... Which one should I *absolutely* avoid? (Or, alternatively, which is the must-try?)
Ooh, good question! Okay, this is where things get subjective. I'd *personally* steer clear of anything too... *specific*. Like, if you're easily freaked out by clowns or have a phobia of spiders, maybe skip those. (Let's just say, the designers weren't subtle.) But MUST-TRY? Ah, that's tougher. It depends on your vibe! I went for the “Jungle Adventure” room. Now, the photos looked great, but oh boy… the *humidity* in that thing! Seriously, I thought I was actually IN the Amazon for a bit there. I'm talking dripping, sweating, your-hair-will-frizz-forever kind of humidity. It was so humid, I swear my phone started growing moss. But… it was also hilarious? And kind of awesome? Ultimately, it was memorable. So, maybe pick the one that sounds the most *utterly bonkers* – that’s my advice. Because let's be real, you're not going for a bland, forgettable vacation.
What's the deal with the privacy? Is it actually private, or can everyone see you frolicking in your Roman bath?
This is important! The good news: Privacy is generally pretty solid! I asked myself this question plenty of times wandering about. You enter through a garage-like door, then up to your room, so unless you're doing something *extremely* flamboyant on your balcony (which, I'm not judging!), you're good. But here's the caveat: some rooms have… *interesting* window placements. Again, depends on the room, so study those photos carefully, but mostly, you're in the clear. The main issue is just... the sheer *presence* of the motel itself. The staff is pretty discreet, but it's not a secret getaway. You'll know you're there. It is what it is.
Food. Is there food? And is it any good?
Okay, the food situation is... a work in progress, let's say. They offer room service, of course. The menu is… basic. Think more "convenience store" than "Michelin star." I ordered the noodles one night. Let me just say... they filled a hole. They did. I'm sure there are more gourmet options available in the surrounding Kaohsiung area. But hey, you're there for the EXPERIENCE, not the fine dining, right? There are definitely better culinary options available, and I’d recommend checking out some of the local night markets for a proper Taiwanese feast.
Service. How is the service? Is it friendly and helpful?
Here's the deal with the service. It's... *efficient*. The staff are polite, they’re certainly *there*, but don't expect a ton of hand-holding or chit-chat. They're more focused on getting you checked in and out, which, honestly, is perfectly fine. I can't complain. One time I needed extra towels. Within minutes, they were there. No problem. They did their jobs, and I had a good night's sleep. And that's what matters.
Location, location, location! Is it easy to get around from the Alexander Motel?
The location is… not right in the heart of the action, but it’s pretty solid. Kaohsiung is a big city. It's not like you're stranded in the middle of nowhere. It's pretty easy to hail a cab from the motel. There are public transport options available. Again, it’s not *walking distance* from the main tourist spots, but it’s a convenient base for exploring. Just factor in travel time when planning your day. Google Maps is your friend here.
Is it *romantic*? Like, could I bring my significant other and expect a… steamy experience?
Ooh, that depends on your definition of "romantic"! If your idea of romance involves a touch of the bizarre, a healthy dose of kitsch, and maybe a few shared giggles at the sheer audacity of it all, then yes. YES, it can be romantic. I saw plenty of couples there! BUT. Let me be clear: this isn't your cookie-cutter romantic getaway. This is about embracing the weird, the wonderful, and the slightly… *off*. Think less "candlelit dinner" and more "naked sushi in a spaceship-themed room." If your partner has a great sense of humor and isn't afraid to laugh at a slightly questionable design choice or two? Absolutely. It could be EPIC.
Okay, let's get real. Are there any *downsides* to staying at the Alexander Motel? Be honest.
Alright, honesty time. There are *some* downsides. The decor, while charmingly bonkers, can sometimes feel a little… *tired*. Let's just say the upkeep isn't always top-notch. Some of the fixtures and furnishings show their age. Also, the noise levels can vary. The walls aren't exactly soundproof. You might hear some… *activity* from your neighbors. And the worst? The aircon! I swear, in my jungle room, it was either full-on blizzard or tropical rainforest. There seemed to be no middle ground. And… the stairs! I got lost at least twice and ending up dragging my luggage around. But would I go back? Absolutely. Because the sheer, unadulterated *experience* overshadows any minor inconveniences. The Alexander Motel isn't perfect, but that's part of its charm. You'll be telling stories about it for years. And seriously, for the price? It’s beyond worth it.
Trending Hotels Now