London's Hidden Gem: Westciti Caroco Apart Hotel - Unbelievable Stays!
Westciti Caroco Apart Hotel: London's Hidden Gem? Okay, Let's Talk About It. (Messy Review Ahead!)
Alright, friends, buckle up. I'm back from my London adventure, and as promised (and probably WAY overdue), I'm diving headfirst into the Westciti Caroco Apart Hotel experience. They bill themselves as a "Hidden Gem" – a bold claim, let me tell you! Did it live up to the hype? Well, let's untangle this whole thing, shall we? Be warned, this is going to be… detailed. And possibly a little rant-y.
First Impressions & Accessibility: Navigating the Labyrinth (and My Own Brain)
Right off the bat, the accessibility situation… well, let's just say it's there. They claim facilities for disabled guests, which is good. But when I read that, my brain immediately jumps to, are the claims valid? I'm not in a wheelchair myself, but I always look out for the less able, you know? The elevator was working (thank God, because I was on the higher floors), and thankfully, there were no surprise steps leading to the lobby. I’m giving them a tentative thumbs up on this one, but more clarity from management on specific details would be appreciated. This is crucial, especially for a "hidden gem" aiming to be welcoming to everyone.
Checking In: Smooth Sailing… Mostly.
Contactless check-in? Absolutely. Which, in this post-pandemic world, is a huge win. I'm all for avoiding awkward small talk after a long flight. The check-in / out process was incredibly efficient. Now, if I had a tiny nitpick, it’d be that it feels a bit… cold? A little more warmth at the reception, a friendly face who's not just going through the motions, would be a lovely touch. But hey, smooth and efficient is a win, and the 24-hour front desk is a massive plus.
The Room: My Little London Sanctuary (and Why I Need More Bathrobes)
Okay, THIS is where Westciti Caroco started to shine. I had a lovely room, which, crucially, was a non-smoking one (praise the heavens!). The “Additional toilet” was a godsend, trust me. The “Extra long bed” was precisely that; I'm a taller person, and I didn’t have to dangle my feet off the end! The “Air conditioning” worked a treat (thank you, little angels), and the “Blackout curtains” were my best friend. I love my sleep, and these babies delivered. I also took full advantage of the "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" (duh), and the internet access was reliable.
But… (there's always a but). I'm a sucker for a good bathrobe. And they came with it. I'm just saying, I'd happily pay extra attention to a place that put a little more care into things like the bathrobes! Seriously, there just wasn't one of those soft, fluffy, hotel-grade, "I could live in this" bathrobes! That's what makes the space feel genuinely luxurious.
The Spa (And My Terrible Attempts at Relaxation)
Okay, let's talk about the "Spa". My experience was less "Zen Master" and more "clumsy tourist trying to figure out a sauna". They have a "Steamroom," a "Sauna," and a "Pool with a view"… I tried them all. Honestly, the "Pool with view" was the highlight, which was actually a very pretty view. I didn't spend the entire time in the pool, and instead opted for the steam room. It was hot as hell, and I'm pretty sure I looked like a lobster emerging. The sauna was its own level of heat. I don't think I reached peak relaxation, but you know, I tried. They also boast a fitness centre. I chose the "walking the city" fitness plan, so didn't use it!
Dining, Drinking, Snacking: Fueling My London Adventures (and the Carb Coma)
Food. This is where Westciti Caroco got SERIOUS points from me. They do a "Breakfast [buffet]" – and let me tell you, it's a good one, with both “Western breakfast” and "Asian breakfast" options! The pastries? Killer. The coffee? Kept me going. The staff? Super helpful and friendly. I ate in the “Coffee/tea in restaurant" every morning.
Beyond the breakfast, there's a "Bar," and a "Restaurant" offering "A la carte in restaurant," "International cuisine in restaurant," and various “Snack bar” treats. Room service [24-hour] is a godsend, especially for a late-night craving (which, let's be honest, I definitely had). Having a "Bottle of water" magically appear by my bed every day was a small, but appreciated touch. I loved the "Salad in restaurant" and also "Soup in restaurant" options with the "Vegetarian restaurant." I am not vegetarian, but I appreciated all the healthy options!
Cleanliness and Safety: The "Post-COVID" Reality
Okay, this is important. Westciti Caroco takes safety seriously. And after all the things i learned about in 2020, I was happy to see it. They seem to be running on the ultra safe side of things and have included: "Anti-viral cleaning products", "Cashless payment service", "Daily disinfection in common areas", "Hand sanitizer", "Hot water linen and laundry washing", "Hygiene certification", "Individually-wrapped food options", "Physical distancing of at least 1 meter", "Professional-grade sanitizing services", "Rooms sanitized between stays", "Safe dining setup", "Sanitized kitchen and tableware items", "Staff trained in safety protocol", "Sterilizing equipment".
All of this made me feel safe. Honestly? I appreciated the peace of mind.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Beyond the Sauna, Apparently)
Okay, this is where Westciti Caroco, in my opinion, has a little room for improvement. They had a few "Things to Do," but wasn't necessarily much in the way of excursions. On-site, they offer things like: "Massage", "Spa", "Spa/sauna". I would also have loved some more curated recommendations on what to do outside the hotel. But the central location made getting around a breeze. They do give you a few services, such as "Airport transfer", "Car park [free of charge]", "Taxi service" and "Valet parking".
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
Daily housekeeping? Check. Laundry service? Check. Concierge? Check. Facilities for disabled guests? (We touched on this earlier). Okay, let's just say that it gave off a very professional vibe. The front desk was helpful and helpful again!
For the Kids: A Family-Friendly Vibe?
They boast a "Babysitting service" and "Family/child friendly." I didn't test this personally (I was on a solo adventure!), but it's good to know they have options. There are also "Kids meal" options.
Getting Around: Navigating London Like a Pro (Almost)
They provide "Airport transfer" and "Taxi service", and that's pretty helpful.
The Verdict: Hidden Gem? Maybe. But Definitely Worth a Look.
So, the big question: Is Westciti Caroco a proper “Hidden Gem”? Well, it's not perfect, but it's definitely worth considering. They have a lot going for them: clean rooms, a great breakfast, a convenient location, and a genuine commitment to cleanliness (which, in today's world, is a major plus). The spa could be a little better, and a few more personal touches would be great, but overall, it delivered the goods. I would happily return and recommend it, especially if you're a fan of a good bath robe!
SEO & Metadata (I'm doing my best!):
- Keywords: London Hotel Review, Westciti Caroco, Apart Hotel, London Accommodation, Accessible Hotel London, Spa Hotel London, Family Hotel London, Clean Hotel London, Best London Hotels, Hotel Review, London, England, Travel, Vacation, Hotel, Review, Hidden Gem, Breakfast, Spa, Accessibility, Cleanliness, Safety, Wi-Fi, Room,
- Meta Description: A detailed, honest, and frankly messy review of the Westciti Caroco Apart Hotel in London! From accessibility to the spa, the breakfast to the bathrobes (or lack thereof!), discover if this hotel lives up to its "Hidden Gem" status. Find out if you should stay!
- Focus on: Accessibility, Cleanliness, Breakfast, and Overall Value
- URL Slug: westciti-caroco-apart-hotel-london-review
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to London, specifically the Westciti Caroco Apart hotel, which, let's be honest, I only chose because it was vaguely affordable and had decent reviews. My brain is already a jumbled mess of excitement and anxiety, so expect this to be… well, you'll see.
Westciti Caroco Apart Hotel: London, Here We (Kinda) Come!
(Day 1: Arrival & Jet Lagged Chaos - the "Is That Really My Suitcase?" Edition)
7:00 AM (ish) - Heathrow Airport Arrival: Okay, so I thought I booked a direct flight. Turns out, the "direct" flight involved a layover in Reykjavik. Reykjavik! I’m pretty sure I almost lost it when I saw the tiny plane but hey, we made it. Now, just the small matter of navigating Heathrow. Wish me luck, I'm already feeling the effects of the "wake-up-at-3-AM-for-no-reason" jet lag.
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM - Baggage Carousel Battle & Taxi Tango: Ugh. The baggage carousel. The existential dread of watching everyone else’s perfectly packed suitcases roll by? My suitcase had a mind of its own. It came out last, slightly battered, and looking suspiciously like it had been on a wild adventure of its own. Then, finding a taxi. Let's just say, the first driver didn't speak much English, and I'm pretty sure he took the scenic route. I swear, we saw every speed bump in London before we found Westciti.
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM - Check-in & Room Reconnaissance: Finally! The Westciti. The lobby looked…clean. That's a win, right? Check-in was painless, thankfully. The room… well, the pictures online were slightly deceiving. It's smaller than it looked, but the view from the window, overlooking a rather dingy alley, is, shall we say, 'authentic'. I got the impression that someone had recently lived here, their things gone without a trace. It's got a kitchenette though which is fantastic.
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM - "Lost in Translation" Lunch (and the Search for Caffeine): Time for FUEL. I wander out, feeling like a zombie, in search of sustenance. I stumble into a "traditional" pub, order a "fish and chips" (classic!), and the waitress, bless her heart, tried to explain something about "gravy" and "mushy peas." I just nodded, confused, hoping for the best. The fish was greasy but glorious. The peas? … Let's just say I'm still unsure. The quest for decent coffee begins. I've heard rumors of a Starbucks nearby. Hope this doesn't get me branded as a "basic tourist."
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Collapse & Recovery (Hopefully): NAP TIME. I'm fighting the urge to fall asleep standing up, so I will nap. I'm setting an alarm, but who am I kidding? I'll probably sleep through it. I will recover, though. I have to, otherwise, the rest of this trip will be a blur.
(Day 2: Big Ben & Beyond (Maybe!) - The "Oh My God, I'm Actually Here" Edition)
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Breakfast Fiasco & The Great Toast Debacle: The kitchenette! Brilliant, in theory. In practice? Toast. I spent a good ten minutes wrestling with the extremely temperamental toaster. Smoke alarms were triggered. I may or may not have burnt the entire slice of bread. I'm starting to wonder if I'm even cut out for this whole "self-catering" thing.
- 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Westminster Wonders & the Big Ben Buzz: I decided against the bus tour, I have a feeling the crowds will kill me. I take the tube to Westminster, hoping it lives up to the hype. And it… does? Big Ben is, well, big. And Ben is big. The whole area just oozes history and grandeur. I got so caught up in taking a million pictures that I almost got run over by a cyclist. It was a close call but I survived!
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Lunch Time Again?: I am still in a London pub. I felt the need to come back and try again. I ordered a 'ploughman's lunch'. Bread, cheese, and pickle. Simple, right? Wrong. Somehow, I managed to get a pickle stuck in my teeth for the entire afternoon.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Parks and Recreation: I'm taking a walk. This day will be dedicated to taking it easy. I found a great park and just sat there staring. Life feels so different.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Dinner and Show Time: I found a neat little restaurant, and I also found a show. The show ended up being fantastic. I laughed, I cried, and I am now a bit tired.
(Day 3: Markets, Mayhem & Majestic Museums - The "I'm Actually Enjoying This" Edition)
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Borough Market Blitz & Shopping Spree: Borough Market! HEAVEN. The smells, the sounds, the sheer abundance of delicious food. I ate, I devoured, I probably spent too much money on cheese and pastries. My stomach is happy, my wallet is crying.
- 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Museum Marathon: Time for a museum! I'm torn between the British Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum. The British Museum feels like the best option.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Tea Time Terror: I'd heard about afternoon tea but the poshness of it feels terrifying. Still, I must. The cakes are cute, the staff is attentive, and I feel ridiculous. I spill about a cup of tea. I may have offended a few people. Still worth it though.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Street Food and Serendipity: A street food market (thank god). Trying things that I could never pronounce. Everything is wonderful. The entire experience is like a dream. I met a few people. I got tips. I love London.
(Day 4: A Day Trip & Farewell Feels - The "Seriously Considering Moving Here" Edition)
- 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM - Day Trip to… Stonehenge!: I'm taking a day trip! Stonehenge. It's way cooler in person. The mystery, the size… I'm fascinated.
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Dinner at a Neighborhood Gem: I made a reservation at a small, independent restaurant near Westciti. The food was incredible, the atmosphere cozy, and it somehow felt like a perfect ending to the trip.
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Packing and Pre-Departure Blues: Packing… the dreaded task. And the bittersweet reality that this adventure is coming to an end. I've had a blast. I may or may not have cried when I had to say goodbye.
(Day 5: Departure - The "I'll Be Back" Edition)
- 7:00 AM - Check Out & Airport Again: Time to say goodbye to Westciti Caroco. Surprisingly, I'm a little sad to leave. Check-out was smooth, thankfully.
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast and Departure: I had another attempt at a cooked breakfast. The results were so-so. I was hoping for a quick goodbye to London. I'm already plotting my return though.
Final Thoughts:
This trip was chaotic, messy, and filled with moments of sheer, unadulterated joy. I got lost, I ate questionable food, and I almost lost my mind on several occasions. But I also explored a vibrant city, met interesting people, and had experiences I'll never forget. London, you were a whirlwind, and I'll be back. Just maybe next time, I'll learn how to use a toaster.
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Farmhouse in the Dutch CountrysideWestciti Caroco Apart Hotel: Your Secret London Stash - FAQs (and Me Rambling a Bit)
Okay, spill. Is Westciti Caroco *really* a hidden gem, or is that just marketing fluff?
Right, so... hidden gem? Listen, I'm a jaded Londoner. I've seen more "hidden gems" than I've had hot dinners. Usually, they're just overpriced rooms with a wonky Wi-Fi and a half-hearted attempt at "quirky." But Westciti Caroco… it's different. I stumbled upon it (thanks, mostly, to a friend who was desperately trying to avoid booking another soulless chain hotel). Trust me, it's *actually* hidden. Like, properly tucked away in a residential area, which is a plus. You feel like you're living like a Londoner, not just *visiting*. And honestly? I'm still finding things I didn't notice on my first visit. It's a slow burn, this place. But yeah, gem-ish. Maybe a slightly tarnished, but wonderfully sparkly, vintage brooch of a gem.
What's the vibe like? Is it all minimalist chic or something else entirely?
Minimalist? Ha! No, darling. Absolutely not. Think... comfortably cluttered. Imagine your favourite aunt's (the cool one, not the weird one) apartment, but with better design choices and actual *cleaning* happening. It’s got a slightly retro feel – think comfy couches, mismatched cushions (in a good way!), and maybe a slightly dodgy-looking but totally functional record player. There's a relaxed, homely atmosphere that's a million miles from sterile hotel rooms. One time, I saw a group of friends having a proper laugh in the communal lounge while playing a board game. That's the vibe. Cozy, lived-in, and definitely not trying to be pretentious.
Are the rooms any good? Be honest!
Okay, here comes the truth bomb. The rooms are… *fantastic*. (There, I said it). They're spacious! Actually spacious! You can, like, *move* in them. Plenty of storage, which is a godsend if you're traveling with more than a toothbrush. Some have balconies – crucial for that morning coffee and a sneaky cigarette (I’m not judging, you do you!). And the beds? Oh, the beds. Seriously, I had the best sleep I'd had in *months*. They're the kind of beds that make you want to lie in and ignore all of life's responsibilities. One tiny (and this is me being *really* picky, okay?) thing: the shower pressure in my first room was a bit…anemic. But the rooms are so good (especially the bigger ones!) that I almost didn't really care.
What about the location? Is it convenient for getting around?
It's…decent. Not *perfect*, mind you. It’s not slap-bang in the middle of everything. You'll probably need to use *that* thing – the London Underground – yes, the Tube. Which is good, really! It's an easy walk to the nearest station and from there, well, hello, central London is within easy reach. But, honestly, that's part of the charm. You're in a real neighborhood, not just a tourist bubble. You feel like you're actually living in London. There's a great little coffee shop around the corner (seriously, the coffee is *amazing*), and some decent pubs. Plus, after a long day of sightseeing, the quiet is gold. Pure, unadulterated gold. Except... the walk back from the station at night can feel a *little* bit isolated. But it's London, so that's just a slight drawback, and no more than in any other part of the city.
Is it kid-friendly? I'm travelling with small humans.
Hmm, that's a tough one. They *say* kid-friendly. And the bigger apartments would definitely be good for families needing space. But…and this is just me being honest (again!), I got the feeling it's more geared towards grown-ups. I didn't see *loads* of kids running around on my stays. The vibe just seems a bit more…chill. If your kids are well-behaved and enjoy a bit of quiet, then sure! Otherwise, maybe consider something with more scream-and-shout potential.
What about the staff? Are they helpful?
The staff. Oh, the staff! Here's where Westciti Caroco really shines. They're not just helpful; they're *genuinely* friendly. I'm talking the kind of friendly where they remember your name and ask how your day was. Once, I had a complete meltdown (don’t ask) about a lost train ticket and the reception guy (a lovely chap named Dave, I think) went above and beyond to help me sort it out. He even offered me a cup of tea! It's that personal touch that makes all the difference. It feels like you're staying with friends, not just at a hotel. They actually *care*. And after a long day out, needing a kind face can be the best part of London!
Seriously though, any downsides? There *has* to be something!
Okay, fine, *if* I'm being picky... and I *am*... the communal areas aren’t always spotless. Not filthy, mind you, but not exactly pristine. Like that record player I mentioned? Cute, but the records themselves were a bit… grimy. And, depending on which room you’re in, the soundproofing *could* be better. You *might* hear your neighbors sometimes. Oh, and the elevators were, frankly, a little rickety. One time, I got stuck for a whole five minutes! (It was just me, thankfully. Very claustrophobic though!). BUT! The location in a quiet area means you're away from the city's noise, which is great. There's that slightly walk from the tube at night, but you're also in a quiet area and there's always that feeling of being safe in the caroco.
Would you recommend it?
Yes. Unequivocally, yes. Especially if you are looking for a different kind of London experience. It's not perfect, no place is. But it's got heart, it's got character, and it's a million times better than staying in some soulless chain. It's a place you *remember*. And, more importantly, a place you want to go back *to*. I'm actually thinking of booking my next trip there now. Don't tell anyone, okay? Let's keep this our little secret.