Luxury Awaits: Unforgettable Stays at the Roosevelt Hotel, Lima

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru

Luxury Awaits: Unforgettable Stays at the Roosevelt Hotel, Lima

Luxury Awaits? My Rollercoaster Ride at the Roosevelt Hotel, Lima - A Brutally Honest Review

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get the real deal, the unfiltered, slightly manic (thanks, jet lag!) review of the Roosevelt Hotel in Lima. Forget the glossy brochures; this is me, stumbling out of the shower, still smelling faintly of chlorine and questionable decisions, to lay it all bare. And trust me, it's a lot.

Metadata & SEO Magic (because the internet demands it):

  • Keywords: Roosevelt Hotel Lima, Luxury Hotel Review, Lima Hotels, Accessible Hotel Peru, Spa Lima, Pool with View, Best Hotels in Lima, Wheelchair Accessible Hotels, Restaurant Lima, Peruvian Cuisine, Travel Review, Hotel Review, Free Wi-Fi, Spa Hotel Peru, Lima Travel Guide.
  • Meta Description: My chaotic journey through the Roosevelt Hotel, Lima. Honest review! Accessibility, food, spa, and everything else you NEED to know. Is it worth the hype? Find out!
  • URL Slug: roosevelt-hotel-lima-review-honest-opinion

(Deep breath… here we go…)

First impressions? Whew. The Roosevelt is massive. Like, you could get lost in the elevators alone. Getting there was surprisingly smooth, thanks to their Airport Transfer service. That's a major win after enduring a red-eye. And bonus points: the car park is free! Car park [on-site], Car park [free of charge]. Though I’m not sure if I can find the car again.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag & My Hilarious Stumbles

Okay, let's rip off the Band-Aid. Wheelchair Accessible facilities were… present. Which is better than nothing. Elevator access was thankfully reliable. Facilities for disabled guests are advertised, and I saw things, but I'm not in a wheelchair and didn’t fully explore this aspect. It's important to them, even if I didn't feel a hundred per cent clarity on where everything was.

The Check-in/out [express] option was appreciated after my flight, but felt a bit cold. Maybe it was the mask on the receptionist, maybe it was the utter exhaustion. Either way, I longed for a warm smile and a "welcome, you look like you need a Pisco Sour!" (More on those later…)

Rooms: My Fortress of Solitude (with a Few Quirks)

My room, a Non-smoking haven (thank gawd!), was… yeah, pretty darn luxurious. Air conditioning blasted icy air into the room – perfect for my hot flashes of travel stress. And the Blackout curtains? Absolute game-changer. The Extra long bed was a blessing after the cramped flight (which by the way, still smells of airplane food).

But here’s where it gets interesting. Free Wi-Fi? Hallelujah! And it actually worked! Free Wi-Fi in all Rooms! Although, I did have a minor meltdown trying to work out the Internet access – LAN setup. (I'm old-school, what can I say?).

The Bathroom was a marvel, complete with fluffy bathrobes, a bathtub, and a separate shower/bathtub. I spent a solid hour in the bathtub. My only criticism? The hair dryer was… well, let's just say I'm pretty sure my hair is now as stiff as a Peruvian llama.

Dining & Drinking: Adventures in Peruvian Yumminess (and Occasional Failures!)

Oh, the food. Okay, so the Roosevelt delivers on this. Restaurants galore! The Breakfast [buffet] was massive, a dizzying array of Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and everything in between! The Coffee/tea in restaurant kept me going. Even the little Bottle of water in my room was a lifesaver.

I tried to be adventurous. I ordered a Soup in restaurant. I tried to convince myself I loved the national dish without any prior exposure.

But the real star? The Poolside bar. That, my friends, is where the magic happened. Slipping into the pool after a long day, cocktail in hand, watching the sunset… that's what life is all about. Pool with view indeed! The Happy hour was a must – it was pretty much mandatory after the stress of trying to remember if I locked my luggage.

On-site Accessible Restaurants / Lounges: I did find the staff to be incredibly helpful in directing me once I worked out how to ask.

Spa & Relaxation: My Moment of Bliss (and a Little Mild Disappointment)

The Spa! Oh, the spa. I was itching for a massage after that flight. And the Roosevelt didn't disappoint. The Massage was heavenly. I felt my shoulders physically untwist. The Sauna and Steamroom were lovely, too. They also have a Fitness center, and while I intended to use it, I may have spent more time napping by the pool.

Cleanliness & Safety: A Sense of Calm in Chaotic Times

This is where the Roosevelt really shines. They're taking COVID seriously. Hand sanitizer everywhere, Daily disinfection in common areas, Staff trained in safety protocol. It felt genuinely safe, which is a massive weight off your shoulders when you're traveling. Rooms sanitized between stays, too. I felt secure there, and as a solo traveler, that's huge. They even had Anti-viral cleaning products, and provided individually wrapped options.

Services & Conveniences: A Mixed Bag, Basically My Life

The Concierge was a godsend. Helpful, knowledgeable, and they even made a reservation for me at a restaurant that wasn't on the hotel property. That's the level of service I’m talking about.

Less stellar? Trying to find the Convenience store. It was like some kind of scavenger hunt. I'm convinced it's a test of endurance.

Things to Do: Beyond the Hotel Walls.

I’m not much of a sight-seer, but the Roosevelt is a fairly easy taxi ride to most of the major sights, and they provided really great information about that.

For the Kids: Not My Department (But They Seem Sorted!)

I don’t have kids, but those who do seemed very impressed with the Babysitting service and Kids facilities. So, thumbs up from the toddler set?

The Verdict: Worth It? (Maybe)!

Look, the Roosevelt Hotel is a luxurious experience. It's not perfect. It's a little impersonal at times. But it's clean, safe, and the food (and the pool bar!) are fantastic. If you’re looking for a pampered stay in Lima, and don't mind a few quirks, then absolutely, yes, go for it! Just be prepared to get slightly lost at times, and make sure you take advantage of that pool with a view!

Final Rating: 4 out of 5 (deducting a point for the slightly terrifying hair dryer and the quest for the convenience store).

Escape to Paradise: Your Belgian Sauna Spa Cottage Awaits!

Book Now

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile itinerary. This is… well, this is my attempt at conquering the Roosevelt Hotel & Suites in Lima, Peru. God help us all.

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Luggage Massacre

  • 5:00 AM (ish): Wake up in a cold sweat. Forget the tranquil pre-flight meditation I planned. This is travel! My flight leaves in like, three hours, and I’m pretty sure I haven't seen my passport since the Bush administration. Cue panic.

  • 8:00 AM: Arrive somewhat disheveled at Jorge Chávez International Airport. Found the passport! Victory! My suitcase, however, seems to be having a tantrum on the baggage carousel. It hates me, I’m sure of it.

  • 9:30 AM: Shuttle to the Roosevelt Hotel. Finally! The reviews promised a "luxury oasis," but let's be honest, I'm perpetually skeptical of anything that uses the word "oasis." The drive is… a sensory overload. Lima is alive with honking horns, vibrant colours, and a general air of organised chaos. I love it.

  • 10:30 AM: Check-in at the Roosevelt. Okay, alright, it does look pretty swanky. Gilded mirrors, marble floors… I feel like I should be wearing a monocle. "Welcome, Sir," the concierge says. I suppress the urge to correct him; I am clearly a woman.

  • 11:00 AM: Luggage arrives. Or rather, is violently deposited in my room. Unpack. Struggle with the safe. Fail. Twice. Swear. Decide the hotel staff will be very familiar with my expletive-filled vocabulary by the end of the week.

  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant - I'm going to focus on this. This is what they're selling, this is what I'd researched. It had the potential to be a culinary dream, and I was ready. Prepared to be wowed. I read the reviews - the food and the service were supposed to be impeccable. So, I stroll in, full of anticipation. The restaurant itself is lovely - crisp white tablecloths, attentive wait staff. I order the ceviche. Peru! Gotta eat the ceviche! I order the grilled octopus for my main, based on a rave review I'd seen.

  • Okay, here's where things get… interesting. The ceviche arrives. Beautiful presentation. And… it was bland. Bland! The flavour was just… missing. Maybe my tastebuds were still reeling from the jet lag? I tried adding some of the aji amarillo sauce that came with it, but it was more like spicy water than a flavour burst. I soldiered on, trying to find enjoyment in what everyone else was raving about, but it just wasn't there.

  • Then, the octopus arrived. Oh, the octopus. It looked magnificent, glistening in its olive oil bath. I took a bite. Chewy, sure, but also… cold. Not lukewarm, not tepid, but cold. Like it had been pulled directly out of the fridge. Had it been undercooked? Had it been sitting there for a while? My brain immediately went down a rabbit hole of food safety concerns. I swallowed the first bite and felt sick and confused. Then came the feeling I'd come to know - disappointment. Not just disappointment with the food, but that awful hollowness that comes when something you anticipate doesn't live up to the hype.

  • I tried another bite. Nope. And another. Finally, I flagged down a waiter, explained the issue, and he offered a replacement. I didn't want to create a scene, so I just said, "No, thank you, I'm full." I asked for the bill and the feeling of disappointment settled over me. I tried to focus on the beautiful decor, the attentive service, but the cold octopus was a black mark on the day. The culinary fantasy I'd been carrying around had been punctured. After that, the rest of the meal was a blur of uninspired flavours. I paid what felt like an exorbitant amount for a lukewarm meal. I left, feeling deflated. This was not the "luxury oasis" the review had claimed. Maybe it was my fault. Maybe I had too high of expectations. I don't know. But that restaurant? I'm not sure I'll be going back.

  • 2:00 PM: Collapse on bed. Regret the ceviche experience, and all the hopes & dreams I'd placed on it. Vow to find a real ceviche.

  • 3:00 PM: Attempt to nap. Fail spectacularly. The street noise! The existential dread! The… is that construction starting now?

  • 5:00 PM: Wander around the Miraflores district. It’s charming, I guess. The parks are pretty, the people are… well, they're people. Buy a slightly overpriced alpaca sweater because, hey, I’m a cliché.

  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at a… well, I’m not telling you the name. It was fine. The ceviche was better than the hotel's, but still not earth-shattering. The Pisco Sour was… strong. Very strong.

  • 9:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Watch some terrible Peruvian TV. Try to figure out how to work the air conditioning. Fail again. Sigh.

  • 10:00 PM: Collapse into bed. Pass out from exhaustion. Wake up at 2 AM, wide awake, and wondering if the ceviche was really bad.

Day 2: Exploring and Surviving the Streets

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Sun in my face! Yay! Still mildly traumatized by the ceviche.
  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel buffet. Not bad. Lots of fresh fruit. I overindulge. Regret it immediately.
  • 10:00 AM: Explore the historical centre (Plaza de Armas). This is beautiful, you guys! The architecture is stunning. I get slightly overwhelmed by the crowds. Someone tries to sell me a pair of sunglasses. I negotiate, and buy them for a ridiculously low price, because I'm finally embracing my haggling side.
  • 12:00 PM: A local restaurant! This time, I do extensive research. This place is reputed to be authentic. I'm nervous, but I press on.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. I decide to be bold and order lomo saltado. This is a revelation! Delicious, flavourful beef stir-fry, and it blows my mind. Finally, a Peruvian meal that restores my faith in the culinary gods.
  • 3:00 PM: Visit the Museo Larco. Amazing collection of pre-Columbian art. I learn a lot about Peruvian history. Try very hard not to blush at the erotic pottery.
  • 5:00 PM: Return to the hotel, exhausted but exhilarated. Take a long, luxurious shower. Finally get the safe figured out.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at a recommendation from the hotel staff, some overpriced "fusion" restaurant. The food is… okay. Service is pretentious, but I'm too tired to argue.
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the room. Read a book. Try to sleep. Consider adding a complaint about the ceviche on the hotel review.

Day 3: More Exploration and the Battle of the Breakfast

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The buffet again. The same. The fruit is very good again.
  • 9:00 AM: Take a taxi to the Barranco district. It's known for its artsy vibe.
  • 9:30 AM -> 2:00 PM: Wandering, trying to find the bridge of sighs. I get hopelessly lost in the beautiful, colourful streets. Everyone tells me different directions. I end up in a tiny, cute coffee shop and have a lovely chat with the barista with my barely-there conversational Spanish. The bridge is wonderful when I finally DO find it.
  • 2:30 PM: Arrive at La Casa de Aliaga, the oldest private house in Lima. It's like stepping back in time. The history is fascinating. I imagine the people who lived here over the centuries.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Relax in the lobby, drinking a coffee.
  • 7:00 PM: Another hotel dinner. This time I order the aji de gallina. It's just… okay.
  • 9:00 PM: I contemplate life, over a terrible Peruvian TV show.
  • 10:00 PM: Sleep.

Day 4: Free Day and the Search for Authenticity

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Sigh.
  • 9:00 AM: Decide to ditch the hotel and actually live in Lima. I want to dive into the local culture. I walk to the nearby market to find some street food.
  • **9:30 AM -> 1:00
Unbelievable Tuscany Escape: Belvilla by OYO Paulonia Awaits!

Book Now

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru```html

Luxury Awaits: Your Roosevelt Hotel, Lima Lowdown (with a *very* honest reviewer)

Okay, spill the beans. Is the Roosevelt *really* as glamorous as the photos?

Alright, alright, you want the TRUTH? The photos? They're…*mostly* accurate. Think of it this way: they capture the *potential* glory. The lobby? Stunning. Marble, chandeliers that could house small birds… the works. But sometimes, you get a whiff of… well, let's just say the cleaning crew *tries*. I'm pretty sure I saw a rogue vacuum cleaner hose once, just *dangling* in a corner. It kind of added to the charm, in a weird way. It’s that imperfect perfection, you know? Like a supermodel with a slightly crooked smile. Still gorgeous, but *real*.

What's the deal with the location? Is it safe? Is it… convenient?

The location… okay, so, it's in a pretty central area, which is great. You're close to *things*. Miraflores is an easy taxi ride away, which is where you want to be for, you know, *life*. But the *area* around the hotel… well, it’s Lima, alright? It’s not Disneyland. Be aware of your surroundings, stick to well-lit streets at night, the usual drill. I actually got a little lost once and ended up wandering down a side street that *felt* like something out of a gritty detective novel. Not ideal, but I lived to tell the tale. Convenience-wise? Taxis are everywhere, and getting around is generally a breeze. Just be prepared to bargain! And download that Uber app, trust me. My personal advice? Stick to organized tours or recommendations from the hotel staff when you're venturing far.

Let's talk rooms. Anything to be aware of? Like, are they ACTUALLY luxurious?

Rooms… ooh, the rooms. I’ll admit it, I’m a sucker for a fancy hotel room. And the Roosevelt, mostly delivered. The beds? Divine. Like sleeping on a cloud of angels’ sighs. The bathrooms? Spacious and generally well-appointed. (Though, a minor quibble: the water pressure *can* fluctuate. One minute you're getting a gentle mist of hydration, the next you're getting blasted with a firehose. Be warned!). My *major* room experience, however? One time I checked in, and the damn air conditioning was on full blast! It was like stepping into a walk-in freezer. And the remote? MIA. Which led to a full-blown *meltdown* of epic proportions. Me, in my bathrobe, wrestling with the thermostat (which may or may not have been in Spanish… or perhaps Quechua, I honestly couldn't tell). The staff, bless their hearts, eventually came to the rescue. But it was a battle, people. A battle I *almost* lost. So, yeah… check the air con, and maybe carry a tiny translator app. Trust me.

The food. Is it worth it? I'm a foodie, so this is important!

Ah, food. My *other* great love. The Roosevelt's restaurant… okay, so, it's *fine*. The breakfast buffet included with the room? Definitely worth it. A decent spread, good coffee, plenty of fresh fruit… enough to fuel a day of exploring. I went through a *serious* passion fruit phase there, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Did I accidentally take one too many tiny yogurt pots? Maybe. Look, I was *hungry*! For dinner, the a la carte menu is a bit… hit or miss. Some dishes are genuinely excellent, others are… okay. I had a ceviche that was *divine*, and a steak that was… well, less so. It’s not *the* reason you’d stay, but it’s a solid option if you're tired after a long day of exploring, I reckon. Just, you know, manage your expectations. And tip the waitstaff well, they work *hard*.

Any hidden gems or things to avoid?

Hidden gems… well, the rooftop pool is lovely, if you can snag a lounge chair. It’s a bit of a sun-worshiping free-for-all, if you are not early enough. The spa? Treat yourself to a massage. You deserve it! Things to avoid? The laundry service. Seriously, just use the hotel’s laundry service. You're on vacation. Also, be *very* careful with the mini bar. Those little bottles add up FAST, and the prices will make your eyes water. I once accidentally drank a tiny bottle of something labeled "Pisco Sour - Special Reserve" and nearly choked when the bill came. So, yeah… keep the mini bar at arm's length. Or, you know, stock up on your own stuff from the store. My pro tip? Bring some snacks. You can thank me later.

Is the Roosevelt Hotel a good place to stay as a first time visitor to Lima?

For a first timer? Honestly, it's... complicated. On the one hand, it's *comfortable*. The staff is generally helpful (though occasionally communication can be tricky, brush up on those Spanish skills!). The location is pretty central. But, if you're super nervous about being in a new city, *and* you're on a tight budget, maybe not. If you're looking for a truly authentic experience, and want to be smack-dab in the middle of the action, maybe go with a homestay or a smaller boutique hotel in Miraflores or Barranco. However if you have the financial means, and value comfort and a touch of luxury over all else? YES. Especially if you're a more seasoned traveler, looking for a base of operations to explore from. It's a good "safe" haven, and after a long day of exploring the more interesting parts of this amazing city, you can always come back here, put on your fancy bathrobe, and drink that overpriced pisco sour. Or don't. Just... think about it. And tell me what you thought.

The service: Wonderful? Mediocre? Nightmare fuel?

The service… OKAY, here's the thing. It depends. Some staff members are *absolutely* stellar. Friendly, helpful, go above and beyond. I remember one particular bellhop who managed to track down a specific brand of Peruvian chocolate for me (I was in a full-blown chocolate craving emergency). He deserved a raise, honestly. Then, there are the moments where things get…lost in translation. Like the time I tried to order a "bloody Mary" (which the menu *said* they had) and ended up with a glass of…well, it tasted like tomato juice that had seen a ghost. And the room service guy who justEasy Hotel Hunt

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru

Roosevelt Hotel & Suites Lima Peru