Assisi Escape: Your Dream Cottage Awaits (Pool!)

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy

Assisi Escape: Your Dream Cottage Awaits (Pool!)

Assisi Escape: My Dream Cottage… or Just a Really Nice Place with a Pool? (A Review You Won't Regret Reading… Maybe.)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the Umbrian beans on Assisi Escape: Your Dream Cottage Awaits (Pool!). Let me tell you, the "Dream Cottage" title is ambitious. But did it live up to the hype? Well, let's just say my expectations, fueled by Instagram and a crippling need for sunshine, were… adjusted. (And hey, isn’t that what travel is all about, anyway?).

SEO & Metadata Fuel for the Algorithm Gods! (Okay, and Maybe You Too)

  • Keywords: Assisi Escape, Umbria, Italy, Cottage, Pool, Accessibility, Spa, Restaurants, Wellness, Family-Friendly, Romantic Getaway, Hotel Review, Travel Review, Wheelchair Accessible, Internet Access, Wi-Fi, Cleanliness, Safety, Dining, Services, Rooms, Views.
  • Meta Description: Seeking a dreamy Italian escape? My honest review of Assisi Escape: Your Dream Cottage Awaits (Pool!) covers accessibility, dining, spa, safety, and everything in between. Is it truly dreamy? Find out!

First Impressions: That Pool, Though… (Cue the Longing Sigh)

Okay, let's be real. The first thing that hit me, and it slapped me right in the face in the BEST way, was that pool view. Picture this: rolling hills of emerald green, the iconic silhouette of Assisi in the distance, and a shimmering turquoise rectangle of pure bliss. Seriously, the pool with a view is what postcards are made of. Forget the cottage; that pool is the star of the show. (I'm already mentally planning how to never leave it).

Accessibility: Bless the Elevators! (And a Few Minor Hiccups)

I'm not usually writing reviews about accessibilities, but the hotel touts this. So, on the accessibility front, Assisi Escape gets a solid mostly thumbs up. The elevator was a godsend, considering the Umbrian hills are notoriously unfriendly to luggage and lazy tourists (me). Facilities for disabled guests are available, and I saw some very thoughtful touches, like ramps and wider doorways. However, and this is where things get a little… Umbrian, the signage wasn't super clear. I found myself wandering around a few times, feeling a bit like a lost sheep. Thankfully, the staff was incredibly helpful and always pointed me in the right direction with a smile.

Rooms: From Standard to Surprisingly Cozy (and Air Conditioning, Hallelujah!)

I can’t lie, I’m a bit of a room snob. I want aircon that slaps, views that inspire, and a damn comfortable bed. My room at Assisi Escape was… well, let’s just say it wasn’t a cottage. More like a slightly oversized, beautifully appointed hotel room. The air conditioning worked (thank the Lord!), the bed was comfy, and all the other amenities – coffee/tea maker, mini-bar, in-room safe, etc. – were present and accounted for. They even left complimentary slippers and a bathrobe! I love that. The non-smoking room was great, and the window that opens was lovely. Also, the blackout curtains were a lifesaver. I really needed those blackout curtains.

Internet and Tech: Because Let's Be Real, We're All Addicts

  • Internet Access – LAN & Wireless: Okay, this is where things were a bit… spotty. Wi-Fi [free] is available in all rooms and generally worked well. The internet access – LAN was less reliable, but who remembers those days?

Dining: Pasta, Pizza, and a Pinch of Perfection (and a Surprisingly Good Salad Bar!)

Right, the food! This is where Assisi Escape really shines. I’m talking mouthwatering pasta, wood-fired pizza, and a buffet breakfast that could probably make you cry. Oh, and the coffee/tea in the restaurant were divine for my morning caffeine fix. I can't get enough of the Western cuisine in restaurant! (They also offered a vegetarian restaurant) I took advantage of the 24-hour room service on a few occasions… because, well, vacation. The poolside bar was also my BFF one afternoon. And the happy hour was fantastic! There are restaurants everywhere, and I tried every one I possibly could!

Spa & Wellness: Body Scrubs, Steamrooms, and the Elusive State of "Chill"

This is where it gets good. Okay, I’ll be honest. I needed to unwind. Spa/sauna time it was. Saunas, Steamrooms, massageBody wraps and body scrubsSwimming Pool. Pool with a View. The spa area was a sanctuary; it was a gorgeous, tranquil setting. The Gym/fitness center was great, nice and well-equipped. I enjoyed the foot bath. I’m not a huge gym person, more of a “lie by the pool with a good book” person, but for those with fitness goals, it looked well-equipped.

Cleanliness & Safety: Sanitized, Safe, and Seriously Relaxing

I was super impressed with the cleanliness. Anti-viral cleaning products, professional-grade sanitizing services, and daily disinfection in common areas gave me serious peace of mind. Hand sanitizer was everywhere, and the staff was trained in safety protocol. Rooms sanitized between stays. The physical distancing of at least 1 meter was pretty much adhered to, though not always… you know, we’re all human. The safe dining setup was also reassuring, making it easy to relax and enjoy myself. Also, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, smoke detector, smoke alarms, and safety/security features are all in place.

Services & Conveniences: Because We All Need a Little Pampering

  • Services and Conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, business facilities, cash withdrawal, concierge, contactles check-in/out, convenience store, currency exchange, daily housekeeping, doorman, dry cleaning, elevator, facilities for disabled guests, food delivery, gift/souvenir shop, ironing service, luggage storage, meeting/banquet facilities, safety deposit boxes, terrace, elevator, wi-fi for special events… Honestly, they thought of everything. The concierge was particularly helpful in arranging excursions and giving me inside tips on the best gelato places. The laundry service was a lifesaver.

For the Kids: Babysitting, but Mostly Just Fun, I Think

I don't have kids, but I did notice there were families there and it seemed like a good place to take them. The Babysitting service is there. Also, family/child friendly place. However, I didn't have time to notice the kids facilities.

Getting Around: Parking, Taxis, and Figuring Out the Italian Road System (Good Luck!)

  • Getting around: Airport transfer, bicycle parking, car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], car power charging station, taxi service. The car park [free of charge] was a major bonus, especially considering the parking situation in Assisi itself can be a nightmare. If you're driving, the car park [on-site] is great.

The Imperfections & Quibbles (Because No Place is Perfect)

Okay, here’s the part where I get real. While the pool view and the food were divine, the "Dream Cottage" vibe was a bit… lacking. They've gone for a luxury, but not necessarily cosy. The exterior corridor was less charming and more "hotel hallway", and the walls did feel soundproof. (Which, actually, is a good thing when your neighbors are up celebrating their 20th anniversary until 3 AM.)

And… the elevator. It worked, thank God, but it was slow. I mean, really, really slow. I started timing my elevator journeys just for the fun of it. And, I have to admit, the alarm clock went off about ten times.

Final Verdict: Worth the Trip? (Absolutely! But Set Your Expectations Accordingly.)

So, is Assisi Escape a "Dream Cottage"? Maybe not. But is it a fantastic place to stay in Assisi? Absolutely. The pool view alone is worth the price of admission. The food is incredible, the staff is lovely, and the spa is a blissful escape.

Just remember: Embrace the imperfections, savor the moments, and prepare to fall in love with that pool. You will fall in love with it. Trust me. I'm already planning my return trip.

Escape to Paradise: Luxurious Farmhouse in the Belgian Forest

Book Now

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your sterile, brochure-perfect itinerary. This is my Italian adventure, and it's going to be messy, beautiful, and probably involve a lot of gelato. We're talking a cottage near Città della Pieve with a pool (Hallelujah!) and day trips to Assisi. My goal? To actually live Italian life, not just tick boxes. LET'S GO!

The "Pre-Trip Panic & Packing Fiasco" (Days Before Departure):

  • Days -3 to -1: Oh. My. God. Packing. WHY is this so hard? I feel like I'm preparing for a colonoscopy AND a fashion show at the same time. I swear, I've now got three "travel-sized" everything, and the suitcase is still bulging like a pregnant sausage. And my passport? I swear, it's mocking me from its little plastic prison. Also, I'm pretty sure I forgot to buy underwear. Italy, here I come!
  • Night Before: Last-minute frantic calls to the bank (because, you know, someone forgot to tell them about the trip). Ticking off the "don't forget" list on my phone, which, let's be honest, is probably still going to leave me stranded somewhere with no toothpaste and a desperate need for a decent coffee.

Day 1: Arrival & Cottage Bliss (Città della Pieve Bound!)

  • Morning: The flight! Ugh. Planes. I always feel like I'm crammed into a flying sardine can with bad air circulation. But hey, the view from up there is pretty cool. And the free mini-bottles of wine? Bless you, airlines.

  • Afternoon: Driving on the "wrong" side of the road. After battling the rental car paperwork, and my utter lack of spatial awareness, I finally navigate the winding, terrifying roads towards our cottage. I'm pretty sure I aged ten years during that drive.

  • Late Afternoon: ARRIVAL! The cottage! Oh. My. GOD. It's even more stunning than the pictures. Rustic, charming, with bougainvillea cascading everywhere. And the POOL! Pure, shimmering, blue perfection. Dropping the bags and running straight for a swim. The water is cool and refreshing, and I instantly shed all the travel stress.

  • Evening: Dinner in Città della Pieve. Found a tiny trattoria nestled in a cobblestone alley. Tried to communicate in my very limited Italian (the phrase "Un altro bicchiere di vino, per favore!" is now practically tattooed on my brain). The pasta? Divine. The wine? Even better. Fell into bed with a content sigh, already dreaming of swimming under the Tuscan sun. (Except… I think I ate too much. Grumble)

Day 2: Exploring Città della Pieve & The Perils of Italian Markets

  • Morning: Wandered around Città della Pieve. It's so unbelievably beautiful, a maze of narrow streets and ancient buildings. Admired the fresco by Perugino in the Duomo (pretended to understand art, mostly just gazed at the pretty colors). Briefly considered buying a ridiculously overpriced piece of pottery. Resisted. Just about.
  • Lunch: Found a cafe on the piazza and devoured a panini. Watched the locals doing their thing – gossiping loudly, drinking espresso, and generally looking effortlessly stylish. I felt like an imposter.
  • Afternoon: Visited a local market. Disaster Zone! Okay, maybe not a disaster, but I was overwhelmed. EVERYTHING looked delicious. Tried to buy some cheese (ended up with something incredibly pungent that smelled vaguely of feet). Lost all sense of self-control and bought way too much of everything.
  • Evenings: More cheese. And wine. Trying to master the art of Aperitivo. The cheese still smelled of feet, but the wine helped. Pool time became an essential part of my day.

Day 3: Assisi: Saints, Seriously Beautiful Views, and My Near-Disastrous Gelato Incident

  • Morning: Drove to Assisi. Wow. Just… WOW. The Basilica of St. Francis is breathtaking. The art is stunning, the atmosphere is serene. I actually found myself feeling a little bit… spiritual. For about five minutes, anyway.
  • Afternoon: Wandered through Assisi's cobblestone streets. Got slightly lost (again). Took a million photos of the views (mountains, valleys, and perfect terracotta roofs). Found a tiny, perfect gelateria.
  • The Gelato Incident (and the Existential Dread): Ordered three scoops of gelato, in different flavors, thinking I have this nailed. Then I fumbled the cone and… it exploded. Gelato. Everywhere. On my face, on my clothes, on the cobblestones. I stood there, covered in melted pistachio and hazelnut, feeling like the world's biggest idiot. A little kid started laughing. I wanted to cry. Found a cafe, had a strong coffee, regrouped, and bought another cone. This time, I managed to eat it without incident. Victory!
  • Evening: Back to the cottage, feeling somewhat calmer and less sticky. Made dinner (burnt the garlic again, sigh).

Day 4: Slow Down and Indulge… or How I Lost a Day To The Pool.

  • Morning: Woke up and, honestly, didn’t move anywhere. Simply. Enjoying. The. Pool.
  • Afternoon: Reading. Sunbathing. Swimming. Repeat. Seriously considering never leaving this amazing pool.
  • Evening: Went to the town for Dinner. The food was good, but it wasn't the meal, nor the location, the thing that stood out, it was the slow, and lovely ambiance.

Day 5: More Assisi and a Cooking Class That Could Either End In Glory or Disaster (Probably Disaster).

  • Morning: Back to Assisi. (Yep! I liked it so much, I went back.) This time, focused on the smaller churches and the views from the Rocca Maggiore. More photos. More gelato. This time, successfully consumed.
  • Afternoon: The Cooking Class. Booked one! I think I know how to boil water. Now, to learn how to actually cook Italian food. The instructor was wonderfully patient, but the pasta-making process was messy.
  • Evening: Ate our creations, and it was good, but it was made all the better by the wine.

Day 6: Wine Tasting and Tuscan Sunsets (And My Brief But Intense Love Affair with a Random Cat)

  • Morning: Finally, a wine tasting! We drove to a local vineyard, surrounded by rolling hills. Learned about the different wines, sipped from the glass, and ate some bread with olive oil. Bliss.
  • Afternoon: Back to the cottage. Found a little kitten. IT WAS ADORABLE. (Briefly contemplated kidnapping it. Restrained myself.) Spent the rest of the afternoon playing with it (probably the best afternoon).
  • Evening: Watched the sunset. Pure magic. Drank some wine. Smiled.

Day 7: Farewell to Italy (And Promises to Return!)

  • Morning: Packing. Sigh. The suitcase is heavier this time. I'm bringing home a small fortune in cheese (still smells of feet, but I'm attached to it now).
  • Afternoon: One last swim. One last look at the bougainvillea. One last gelato.
  • Evening: Drove back to the airport, feeling exhausted but enriched. Italy stole a piece of my heart, that’s for sure.

Post-Trip Musings:

  • Okay, I’m home. I miss the pool. And the food. And the random cat. I smell faintly of garlic and something else.
  • I burnt the garlic again. (There’s a learning curve on this whole cooking thing)
  • I’m already planning my return! Next time, I’ll definitely learn more Italian. And maybe bring a friend. Or possibly just the random cat I fell for.

And that was it friends! This is how the journey went, the good the bad and the gelato. It was beautiful. It was delicious. It was messy. And it was everything I dreamed of!

Austrian Chalet Paradise: Sauna, Pool & Valley Views!

Book Now

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy```html

Okay, seriously, how *good* is this pool everyone's raving about? Is it, like, Instagram-worthy, or just… wet?

Alright, let me paint you a picture. I’m not usually a pool person, right? More of a "hide under the umbrella and judge everyone else" kind of gal. But THIS pool... Oh. My. God. It’s… well, it *is* Instagram-worthy. I *did* take about a hundred pictures of it, battling the light, the reflections, the overwhelming desire to just JUMP IN. And believe me, I saw some *questionable* swimsuits. But the point is, it’s gorgeous. The water? Crystal clear. The view? Stunning. You look out and you're just… *there*. And yes, it's wet. Gloriously, refreshingly wet. My one tiny, microscopic complaint? Sometimes, a rogue leaf would sneak in. But honestly? Worth it. Totally. And listen, I'm a *tough* critic when it comes to pools.

I'm a total klutz. Is this cottage going to be me getting stuck in a tiny Italian hole in the wall as soon as I arrive? (Also, are there stairs? I hate stairs).

Oh, honey, do I UNDERSTAND you on the klutz thing. I trip over air. But fear not! While Assisi itself is basically built *on* staircases (prepare your calves, people!), the cottage itself… is surprisingly user-friendly. There ARE stairs. Don't get comfy, there's no way around that in Italy, it's just *stairs*. But the layout's smart and the cottage's surprisingly spacious inside. And when I say "surprisingly spacious", I mean, I didn't spend the whole time stubbing my toes on furniture. Which is progress. I was worried about, you know, breaking an ankle on the first day and having to be airlifted out. That might be just me.

What's the deal with the kitchen? I *love* to cook, but I also hate tiny, poorly equipped kitchens. Can I actually make a decent meal there? Or am I stuck with pasta and despair?

Okay, listen up, fellow foodies! The kitchen… is surprisingly well-equipped. Let me clarify: it's NOT the gigantic, show-stopping, "Chef's Dream Kitchen" you see on TV. But it’s functional. I made, literally, *epic* meals. I’m talking homemade pasta (because, you know, Italy), a killer tomato sauce (fresh tomatoes from the market, duh), even a surprisingly successful tiramisu. And yes, there was an espresso machine. That’s *crucial*. The only downside? Finding the right sized colander took me an embarrassing amount of time. But hey, that's a small price to pay for deliciousness, right? Just pack a good knife. Always pack a good knife.

Is the location, like, *really* in Assisi? Or am I going to have to hike for an hour to get to the good stuff?

YES! It's *in* Assisi! You're surrounded by the magic, the history, the delicious smells of cooking food. Listen, getting around in Assisi does involve walking uphill. A lot. Especially since it sounds like the "good stuff" includes a lot of food. But because the cottage is central, everything is actually pretty walkable. The main square? A short, steep, but do-able stroll. The shops? Within easy reach. The church? Just a quick trip. But be warned: wear comfortable shoes. You'll thank me. Especially after the third gelato of the day.

Are there any "hidden fees" or things I should know that aren't advertised? Because I'm tired of being blindsided!

Okay, you want the *real* deal? Listen up, because I'm brutally honest. I can't stand hidden fees either, yeesh. And good news, the hosts are wonderfully transparent. No surprises. What *did* surprise me, completely unexpectedly, was the sheer amount of charm. Seriously! They've thought of everything. The welcome basket? Adorable. The little notes with restaurant recommendations? PERFECT. The only thing that *almost* got me was parking. Driving in Assisi is...an experience. So, DO your research on parking options. It's not a fee, per se, But finding a spot can take a while. Take my word.

What's the WiFi situation like? Because my Instagram addiction isn't going on vacation.

Alright, let's be real. WiFi. It's essential. I mean, how else am I supposed to document my gelato consumption?! The WiFi at the cottage was… not lightning-fast, let's just say that. It was decent, totally usable for regular web browsing and posting some photos. I did have a minor meltdown when I had the urge to upload a story and it took, like, five minutes. But come on, you're in Italy! Embrace the slower pace. Maybe. I mean, I tried. It's a struggle. But basically, it works. Just maybe don't plan on streaming a 4K movie. Unless you're okay with intermittent buffering. Which I am not.

Is the cottage clean? I'm a bit of a germaphobe but don't want to look crazy.

Look. Nobody wants to sleep in a pigsty. And thankfully, this place is spotless. I may have been a bit *extra* with the disinfectant wipes on arrival (don't judge me!), but seriously, it was clean. Really, really clean. The bathrooms gleamed. The kitchen sparkled. The sheets smelled amazing. The point is, you'll be comfortable. So comfortable! You can relax! I did. And I’m basically a walking, talking cloud of cleaning anxiety, so you should be fine.

What are the downsides? Are there any? Because nothing's perfect.

Okay, here’s where I get real. Nothing is perfect, right? So, what could be better? Honestly...the air conditioning could have been a little more robust. It got a bit toasty, especially in the afternoons. And, the road noise in the morning woke me up earlier than I wanted to. Now, the mornings may have been down to the fact that I was exhausted from eating and drinking and being happy the entire time. It's really all down to personal preference, I guess. But all in all? Small gripes. Like, ridiculously small. I'd go back in a heartbeat. And I'm already planning my return trip. Someone stop me!

I'm a big shopper. Are there good shops nearby? Can I get some cool souvenirs?

Hotels With Kitchen Near Me

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy

Cottage in Citt della Pieve with swimming pool Assisi Italy