Al Noor Hotel Makkah: Your Luxurious Hajj & Umrah Escape Awaits!

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia

Al Noor Hotel Makkah: Your Luxurious Hajj & Umrah Escape Awaits!

Al Noor Hotel Makkah: My Hajj & Umrah Experience - The Good, The Hmmm…and the "Wow, Seriously?"

Alright, buckle up, folks, because I just got back from Al Noor Hotel Makkah, and let me tell you, it's an experience. This ain't your average cookie-cutter hotel review; this is my messy, honest, and often hilariously confused take. And, yeah, it's going to get a bit… ramble-y. Consider this your pre-emptive apology. (Okay, here we go…)

SEO & Metadata Snippet (Just in case Google is watching!):

  • Title: Al Noor Hotel Makkah Review: Luxurious Hajj & Umrah Stay - My Honest Take!
  • Keywords: Al Noor Hotel Makkah, Mecca Hotel Review, Hajj Hotels, Umrah Hotels, Luxurious Makkah Hotel, Accessible Hotel Makkah, Spa, Restaurant, Internet, Wi-Fi, Halal Food, Near Haram, Best Makkah Hotel, Family-Friendly Hotel, Makkah Hotel Review, [Add specific amenities like "Gym," "Swimming Pool (Outdoor)"]
  • Meta Description: A detailed and honest review of the Al Noor Hotel Makkah, offering insights into its luxurious amenities, accessibility features, dining options, and overall experience for Hajj & Umrah pilgrims. From the spa to the Wi-Fi, find out what I loved, what left me scratching my head, and whether it's worth the stay! Includes details on room features, cleanliness, and safety protocols.

The Arrival & The Room: A Whirlwind of Cleanliness (Mostly)

Stepping into Al Noor was… well, it was an arrival. The lobby sparkled, honestly. Like, sparkled. The air conditioning was cranked up to arctic levels, which was a blessed relief after the desert heat. Check-in was, thankfully, surprisingly smooth. They had this "contactless check-in/out" thing going on – which was cool, I guess. Less paper shuffling? More time for… well, everything else? The doorman, he was on it. Helpful. Polite. And the elevator? Fast! Really appreciated that, especially after a day of walking.

Getting to the room, that's where the fun began (or at least, where I started taking notes). I was hoping for a "high floor" and bam! Got it. The view… I had a view! The room itself? Nice, clean, and the bed? Oh Lord, the bed. Heavenly. "Extra long bed", so, I didn't feel like I was going to fall off. Got my little "complimentary tea" tray. (Essential!) The blackout curtains? A lifesaver against the harsh desert sun, and the relentless streetlights. Loved that. Good job, Al Noor.

  • Available in All Rooms: Seriously, everything you’d expect, and more. Air conditioning (absolutely essential!), alarm clock (useful!), bathrobes (loved!), bathroom phone (never used it – but I like having the option!). Bathtub (hey, after a long day?), blackout curtains (yes!), carpeting (always a plus!), closet (gotta hang up all those ihrams and abayas!), coffee/tea maker (praise be!), complimentary tea (delicious!), daily housekeeping (spotless, every day!), desk (useful for writing all of this!), extra long bed (bliss!), free bottled water (vital!), hair dryer (thank goodness!), high floor (love the view!), in-room safe box (peace of mind!), internet access – wireless (essential!), ironing facilities (for a quick touch-up!), laptop workspace (convenient, but wasn’t really used), linens (fresh and clean, always!), mini bar (expensive, but hey, it's there), mirror (check myself before I wreck myself!), non-smoking (thank heavens!), on-demand movies (I never had any), private bathroom (obviously!), reading light (perfect for late-night Quran reading!), refrigerator (useful!), safety/security feature (thank goodness!), satellite/cable channels (never turned it on!), scale (ugh!), seating area (nice!), separate shower/bathtub (always a good thing!), shower (essential!), slippers (loved these!), smoke detector (thank God!), socket near the bed (so key!), sofa (nice!), soundproofing (needed!), telephone (meh!), toiletries (ok), towels (plenty!), umbrella (didn't need one), visual alarm (didn't use it!), wake-up service (useful), Wi-Fi free, window that opens (yes!).

    • Opinion: Seriously, the room was well-equipped and quite comfortable.
  • The Quirks: And the "Wait, What?" Moments Okay, but here's where it gets slightly less perfect. The internet, advertised as "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" was more like… "Free Wi-Fi… sometimes in all rooms." I spent a good chunk of time wandering the hallways, desperately trying to find a decent signal. And the "Internet [LAN]" option? Let's just say I don't even own a LAN cable anymore…so that was a bit of a head-scratcher. Then there was the little issue of finding the light switch… the room itself seemed to be designed specifically to disorient me. Finding the light switches was its own little adventure!

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag

Now, Al Noor claims to be "Facilities for disabled guests" which is a huge plus. However, I can’t personally attest to how fully accessible it is (I, thankfully, am able-bodied). I did see elevators, and ramps in certain areas, which is encouraging.

  • Accessibility Breakdown: Wheelchair accessible, yes. Elevator, very important. The rest of the specifics are, sadly, lost on me.

Dining & Drinking: Food Adventures (Sometimes Delicious)

Okay, let's talk food. The "Breakfast [Buffet]"… was decent. Lots of options. A fairly standard "Asian breakfast" and "Western breakfast" offerings. "Coffee/tea in restaurant" and "Coffee shop" were great. Getting a good cup of coffee at 5 AM is a MUST.

  • Dining Experience: The "Restaurants" they have were, to put it kindly, uneven. The staff, bless their hearts, were fantastic and tried their best, but service could be a little slow at times (especially during peak hours). The food quality, at times, felt like it fluctuated wildly. Some days the "International cuisine in restaurant" blew me away; other days, I was left wishing I'd just stuck with the "Buffet in restaurant." The "Poolside bar"? I didn't use it .
    • Opinion: Overall, the food experience was a bit inconsistent. Maybe I just caught them on an off week.

Spa & Relaxation: A Moment of Zen? (Maybe)

They have a "Spa/sauna". It was good, but not amazing. The "Pool with view" looks amazing in the pictures. The "Fitness Center" was the highlight. I loved the Sauna and steamroom- a true luxury, and exactly what you need after going through the Umrah rituals. * Opinion: After the heat of Makkah, these were perfect spots.

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe (Most of the Time)

Al Noor definitely takes cleanliness seriously. My room was spotless during my whole stay. The "Daily disinfection in common areas" was evident. I did appreciate the "Hand sanitizer" stations everywhere and the "Staff trained in safety protocol." The "Cashless payment service" was much appreciated, as was "Safe dining setup."

  • Opinion: All good (and essential)

Things to Do & Services: The Helpful & the Not-So-Helpful

  • Services and Conveniences: The concierge was genuinely helpful (big shoutout!). The "Daily housekeeping" was fantastic. The "Laundry service" was a lifesaver. "Cash withdrawal" at the hotel was useful. "Currency exchange" was convenient (though maybe not the best rates).
  • Things to do Not a lot of things to do in the hotel except rest. You could use the "Fitness Center," or "Spa/sauna"

The Verdict: Would I Recommend It?

Honestly? Yes, with some caveats. Al Noor Hotel Makkah is a solid choice for your Hajj or Umrah trip. Great location, clean rooms (mostly), and some fantastic amenities. However, be prepared for the occasional internet hiccup, and be sure to explore your dining options carefully.

  • Highly Recommended: If you prioritize cleanliness, a good location, and generally helpful staff.
  • Be Aware: The internet can be unreliable. Food quality is inconsistent.

Final Thought (and a completely random anecdote): I'll never forget one morning when I, bleary-eyed, stumbled out of my room looking for coffee. I ran into a cleaning lady who, despite not speaking a word of my language, managed to communicate, with the universal language of gestures, that she could get me coffee. A few minutes later, I got the best cup of coffee I had in the hotel. It might not seem like much, but that simple act of kindness is what made my stay truly

Escape to Paradise: Your Cozy Aalter Lake House Awaits!

Book Now

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-punctuated travel itinerary. We're going to Makkah, staying at the… er… Al Noor Hotel? (Trying to sound positive, the name's a bit… generic, isn't it? Like a laundry detergent. "Al Noor: Cleans Your Soul and Your Towels!"). Anyway, here's how it probably went down, because let's face it, life never goes according to plan.

The Al Noor Hotel & Makkah: A Messy, Emotional Rollercoaster

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Questionable Air Conditioning

  • Morning (6:00 AM): Alarm. The brutal, soul-crushing alarm. Okay, time to wrestle with the jet lag. Landed at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah feeling like I’d been tossed around in a tumble dryer for 10 hours. Everything is… big here. Airport, the people, the sun.
  • Morning (9:00 AM): Taxi struggle. Negotiating a price with a driver who spoke approximately three words of English (and none of them were "reasonable fare") was my first test of faith. "Makkah! Al Noor!" I repeated, sweating like a halal chicken in a sauna.
  • Morning (10:00 AM): Check-in at the Al Noor. The lobby? Surprisingly…okay. Kinda sterile but clean. Definitely saw a few people who looked absolutely devastated by their flight, eyes glazed over like donuts after a sugar rush. (Note to self: Stock up on donuts. Travel fuel, people.)
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): The Room. Okay. It's… a room. Clean-ish. The view? Let's just say it's not the Burj Khalifa. The AC? God, please let the AC work. (It didn't, initially. Cue mini-meltdown involving frantic button-pushing and the growing feeling that I'm going to resemble a puddle of human goo by the end of the day.)
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): First attempt at Umrah. The first glimpse of the Kaaba… Yeah, okay. That hit me. Hard. Tears? Maybe. Definitely a lump in my throat the size of a rogue date. The sheer density of the crowd was overwhelming but in a way…beautiful. People from everywhere, all unified. It was mind-blowing.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner. Found a little cafe near the Haram. The food? Honestly, I have no idea what I ate. Something with rice and meat. Delicious. I think. Jet lag brain fog is real, okay?
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Back to the hotel. And the AC still wasn't working perfectly. Wrote a strongly-worded note (in the nicest way possible) to housekeeping. Prayed intensely for cool air. And maybe for my sanity.

Day 2: The Haram, The Shopping (and the Unforeseen Sock Incident)

  • Morning (6:00 AM): More alarm. Forced myself to wake up for Fajr prayer. Felt so spiritually rejuvenated and calm.
  • Morning (7:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet was a mix of delightful and "what is that?" (Suspect # 1: Mysterious brown paste. Proceed with cautious curiosity). The coffee was strong. I needed it.
  • Morning (9:00 AM): Focused on prayers and spiritual enlightenment. Repeated Umrah.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): Shopping. The malls are intense. Glittering. Overwhelming. Found a prayer mat. Got utterly lost. Bought way more dates than I could possibly eat (because, you know, "souvenir economy of scale"…). Almost had a complete breakdown in a shop that sold nothing but designer abayas. The crowds! The smells! The pressure to find the "perfect" scarf! My wallet is weeping.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Sock catastrophe. Okay, it's a small thing but it was A thing. Was mid-prayer at the mosque, when one of my socks ripped. This, in case you didn’t know, is a social faux pas. Had to sneak out, mortified. The tiny, insignificant things always seem to blow up in your face when you are trying to be holy.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Chicken Shawarma. Food is the cure to everything.
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Back to the hotel. The AC was better. Small victories, people. Small victories.

Day 3: Mount Hira, Reflection, and the Bitter Sweet Departure.

  • Morning (7:00 AM): Woke up feeling the most at peace I have felt in a long time. The city noises fade away in the spiritual ambiance.
  • Morning (8:00 AM): Made a trip to Mount Hira; a location of the first revelation of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM): Lunch was at a small family style restaurant, where you sit on the floors.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM): Shopping for final souvenirs.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Reflect on the trip. Reflect and pray.
  • Evening (9:00 PM): Depart to the airport.

Final Thoughts:

So, Al Noor Hotel? Yeah, it's a place to sleep. It's in Makkah. Things are busy. The spiritual experience? Unforgettable. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Even with the questionable AC and the sock incident. Because Makkah? Makkah breaks you down and builds you back up. And that, my friends, is a journey worth taking. And now I’m going to get back on the plane. Gotta get a snack for the road. And another prayer mat. You never know…

Escape to Paradise: Stunning Zandvoort Beach Lodge (100m from the Sand!)

Book Now

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia```html

Al Noor Hotel Makkah: Your Luxurious Hajj & Umrah Escape? (Let's Talk)

Okay, Seriously... Is Al Noor Hotel *Actually* Luxurious? The Hype is Real?

Look, "luxurious" is subjective, right? My expectations were sky-high after all the Instagram ads. Let me tell you, the lobby? Wow. Marble, chandeliers… you feel like you *should* be wearing a turban (I didn't). My first impression was, “Okay, this is promising.” And the room? Big. Clean. Beautiful view of... well, a construction site. (More on that later.)

But is it *genuinely* luxurious? The food? Hit or miss. Some days, the breakfast buffet was a religious experience. Other days… well, let's just say I made friends with the instant coffee machine. And the service? Generally, attentive. But there was this one time I asked for extra towels… took three phone calls and a near-meltdown. So… yeah. Luxurious-ish. Leaning towards the “good hotel” side with occasional flashes of pure, unadulterated glam.

Anecdote Alert: I’ll never forget the first time I tried to navigate the elevators. My head was spinning. So many buttons! Felt like I was launching a rocket. I pressed a button and ended up on the wrong floor. Thankfully, there was a lovely old lady in traditional dress. She chuckled and helped me out. I've learned to recognize the elevator music.

Location, Location, Location! How Close is Al Noor to the Haram? Is it a Marathon or a stroll?

Okay, this is where Al Noor *really* shines. The location is a major win, truly. You can basically *see* the Haram from the hotel. Now, "see" doesn't always translate to "immediately accessible." This isn't like checking into a hotel right across the street. There are crowds. There are escalators. There are prayer times. There are *always* prayer times.

Here's the honest truth: it’s a relatively short walk but factor in the crowds and the heat, especially during peak season. Honestly, it felt like a solid ten minutes on a good day. But that was it, that was my time and effort. It's close enough to get to easily for prayers, which makes all the difference during Umrah or Hajj. I will say this though, one day I got stuck for a good thirty minutes because of some kind of congestion. I was not happy.

Quirky Observation: The moment you step outside, you'll be bombarded by vendors selling prayer beads and Zamzam water. It's a constant, gentle (and sometimes not-so-gentle) barrage of offers. Prepare your "la shukran" (no, thank you) and get ready to hustle through throngs of people. You gotta be careful though. Sometimes you get caught up.

Alright, Spill the Tea! What About the Rooms? Are They Worth the Price Tag?

The rooms... are a mixed bag, let's be real. They’re comfortable, generally clean, and spacious. The beds? Heavenly after a tough day of Tawaf. But... the devil is in the details. My friend, Sarah, booked an identical room to me and for her, the hot water was non-existent in her washroom. She had to call about three times, this lady's temper was on fire.

Emotional Reaction: I was *thrilled* to have a room with a view (even if it *was* a view of the construction). The fact that I could see the Kaaba from my room made it almost worth it. Almost. The feeling of waking up and immediately seeing the heart of Islam… indescribable! But the price? Yeah, it stings. Especially when you realize some of the amenities are, shall we say, “basic”? I mean, come on. It's the small things, isn't it? Maybe the room service is a bit slow but I don't care because I just needed that view!

Messy Structure/Rambling: Okay, back to the construction. Makkah is like one giant construction zone. It's unavoidable. It's noise. It’s dust. It's a constant reminder of the city's relentless development. You learn to live with it. You learn to embrace it. You learn to… block it out. But the view? I'm telling you, the view can make all that fade into insignificance and it almost made it worth it!

Food, Glorious Food! What's the Dining Scene Like at Al Noor? (And Is it Halal?)

Yes, everything is halal. That's a given. The food choices were pretty varied. But, *again*, the quality varied, too. Overall, it was fine. Did I expect Michelin-star dining? Possibly. Was I disappointed? A little. But was I starving? Never.

Opinionated Language: The breakfast buffet was my personal battlefield. Scrambled eggs often tasted suspiciously of… powdered… things. The fruit was... let's just say it wasn't always the freshest. But the Saudi dates? Oh, the dates. Those were my redemption! I had so many dates. I couldn't stop! They were perfect. And of course, the fresh coffee. I survived on that for a week. I became addicted! I'll be dreaming of those dates 'til the day I die.

The dining experience really is where the hotel could improve. I mean, when you're spending this kind of money, you *expect* more. Even though I got my dates, it didn't totally satisfy after a long day.

Service and Amenities - Spa, Gym, Shopping... Was it all available?

The gym? I *think* I saw a gym. Maybe. Honestly, after the walking I did, I never really got around to it. But I seem to remember a small one. A spa? I didn't use it but in my experience, those are the best way to relax. I can't really offer any insight into this. I saw a few shops, selling souvenirs. It's pretty standard fare. No crazy surprises here.

Stronger Emotional Reaction: The staff were generally helpful and polite. They *tried*. They did... their best. But there were some hiccups. Like the towel fiasco. And the time I needed help with the air conditioning and had to wait an hour. You're *tired* after a day of Umrah or Hajj! You need things to work. You need towels! You need cool air! It can be a frustrating experience. I need to be comfortable.

Anecdote doubling down: This is my big sore subject because, I was looking forward to a nice massage. After a very long day of travelling and walking in and out of the Masjid Al Haram, I thought I would pamper myself with a spa day. I went to the front desk and asked and they told me that the spa was shut down for the day but it would be open the next day. I was too tired to argue. So, the next day, I walk back and there was no spa and a sign on the door. I asked what happened and was told it was closed for the foreseeable future. I was livid. This was my only day of rest. I felt robbed and betrayed.

Hotel Hide Aways

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia

Al Noor Hotel Makkah Mecca Saudi Arabia