Escape to Tuscany: Luxurious Belvilla Riverfront Retreat in Lucca!

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy

Escape to Tuscany: Luxurious Belvilla Riverfront Retreat in Lucca!

Escape to Tuscany: A Belvilla Riverfront Retreat in Lucca - My Slightly Chaotic, Definitely Honest Review!

Alright, buckle up buttercups! We're diving headfirst into my experience at the "Luxurious Belvilla Riverfront Retreat in Lucca." Let me tell you, “luxurious” is a word that gets thrown around a lot, but does this place actually deliver the Tuscan dream? Let's find out, shall we? Prepare for a whirlwind of ramblings, opinions, and maybe a few too many exclamation points!

(SEO/Metadata Alert: This is where I'd usually cram in keywords like "Lucca accommodation," "Tuscany villa rental," "riverfront hotel Lucca," "wheelchair accessible Italy," "spa hotel Tuscany," and a whole host of other things. But I'm too excited to get started!)

First Impressions & The Accessibility Angle (Because, well, let's get real):

Okay, so the website claimed accessibility. And, bless their hearts, they tried. The elevator was…well, it existed. Finding it, though, felt like a treasure hunt. And the ramps? Sometimes they were a bit…steep. Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I have a friend who is, and I was there with him, and his experience was… mixed. The "wheelchair-accessible rooms" were, thankfully, actually wheelchair accessible, but navigating the grounds was a bit of a challenge. Definitely not “effortless.” So, on accessibility, I’d give them a solid “B- for effort.” They're trying, but there's room for significant improvement. This meant for my friend, a lot of me pushing him around, which had its funny moments.

**(Category Breakdown: *Accessibility*, *Wheelchair accessible*, *Facilities for disabled guests*)

The Room – My Tiny Tuscan Prison…er, I Mean, Paradise (with caveats):

My room? Hmm…picture this: I booked a non-smoking room. Got a room, absolutely. Did it feel non-smoking? Debatable. Let's just say the ghost of cigarettes past seemed to linger in the air. But, hey, a window that opens! ( Available in all rooms ). And a comfy bed (Extra long bed) that I sank into after a long day of exploring.

The bathroom? Surprisingly spacious, which was a bonus (Private bathroom, Separate shower/bathtub). The little toiletries were cute, but, honestly, a little more quality wouldn’t hurt (Toiletries). The mini-bar was…well, stocked. But slightly overpriced. I mean, a bottle of water (Free bottled water is in the room, thankfully!) cost more than my afternoon cappuccinos!

Oh, and the Wi-Fi! (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!). Supposedly. It was…spotty. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it…didn't. I spent far too much time chasing a signal, clutching my phone like it was the last piece of bread on Earth. My friend, by the way, he needed Internet access – LAN so he had to make do with a wire, which was a bit of a faff.

**(Category Breakdown: *Available in all rooms*, *Non-smoking*, *Free bottled water*, *Wi-Fi [free]*, *Internet access – LAN*, *Air conditioning*, *Alarm clock*, *Bathrobes*, *Bathtub*, *Bathroom phone*, *Blackout curtains*, *Carpeting*, *Closet*, *Coffee/tea maker*, *Complimentary tea*, *Daily housekeeping*, *Desk*, *Extra long bed*, *Hair dryer*, *High floor*, *In-room safe box*, *Interconnecting room(s) available*, *Internet access – wireless*, *Ironing facilities*, *Laptop workspace*, *Linens*, *Mini bar*, *Mirror*, *On-demand movies*, *Private bathroom*, *Reading light*, *Refrigerator*, *Safety/security feature*, *Satellite/cable channels*, *Scale*, *Seating area*, *Separate shower/bathtub*, *Shower*, *Slippers*, *Smoke detector*, *Socket near the bed*, *Sofa*, *Soundproofing*, *Telephone*, *Toiletries*, *Towels*, *Umbrella*, *Visual alarm*, *Wake-up service*, *Window that opens.* )

Food, Glorious Food! (And a bit of a food fight too):

Tuscany! Food! Sign me up! The buffet breakfast (Breakfast [buffet]) promised the world: croissants, pastries, fruit… But the reality? A slightly underwhelming selection that lacked that "wow" factor. Okay, yes, there was a decent cappuccino (Coffee/tea in restaurant), but I was dreaming of something more oomph.

Lunch – we opted for the restaurant (Restaurants) and ordered a la carte (A la carte in restaurant). Some dishes were fantastic, authentically Tuscan and made me want to roll around in the vineyards. Others, well, let's just say I've had better pasta at a gas station. The salad (Salad in restaurant) was fresh, though!

The poolside bar (Poolside bar) was a godsend for an afternoon Spritz. And, let’s be honest, they were generous with the Aperol. Seriously, I think I developed a slightly orange glow.

**(Category Breakdown: *A la carte in restaurant*, *Asian breakfast*, *Asian cuisine in restaurant*, *Bar*, *Breakfast [buffet]*, *Breakfast service*, *Buffet in restaurant*, *Coffee/tea in restaurant*, *Coffee shop*, *Desserts in restaurant*, *Happy hour*, *International cuisine in restaurant*, *Poolside bar*, *Restaurants*, *Room service [24-hour]*, *Salad in restaurant*, *Snack bar*, *Soup in restaurant*, *Vegetarian restaurant*, *Western breakfast*, *Western cuisine in restaurant*, *Bottle of water*, *Breakfast takeaway service*, *Individually-wrapped food options*)

Relaxation Station: The Spa, Swimming Pool and Other Downtime Delights:

Now, THIS is where things started to shine. The pool (Swimming pool [outdoor]) was gorgeous, with that quintessential Tuscan view. I spent a blissful afternoon floating, staring up at the blue sky. The little details like the Pool with view, and the Poolside bar also helped here.

I indulged in a massage (Massage). It was… heavenly! Seriously, the masseuse was a miracle worker. All those travel knots just melted away. There are also Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, and Steamroom, which I, regrettably, didn't have time to try, but they looked inviting.

**(Category Breakdown: *Pool with view*, *Sauna*, *Spa*, *Spa/sauna*, *Steamroom*, *Swimming pool*, *Swimming pool [outdoor]*, *Body scrub*, *Body wrap*, *Fitness center*, *Foot bath*, *Gym/fitness*, *Massage*)

Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID Chapter:

Look, everyone’s aware of this now. I was grateful for the precautions the hotel took. Hand sanitizer everywhere (Hand sanitizer), staff in masks, and they made a genuine effort to sanitize everything.

**(Category Breakdown: *Anti-viral cleaning products*, *Cashless payment service*, *Daily disinfection in common areas*, *Hand sanitizer*, *Hot water linen and laundry washing*, *Hygiene certification*, *Individually-wrapped food options*, *Physical distancing of at least 1 meter*, *Professional-grade sanitizing services*, *Room sanitization opt-out available*, *Rooms sanitized between stays*, *Safe dining setup*, *Sanitized kitchen and tableware items*, *Shared stationery removed*, *Staff trained in safety protocol*, *Sterilizing equipment*)

Beyond the Room and Restaurant: Exploring Lucca and Beyond!

The location? Fantastic! Right on the river, with easy access to the city center. Biking along the ramparts of Lucca was an absolute delight (Bicycle parking)! The hotel offered a car park (Car park [free of charge]), which was a definite plus.

**(Category Breakdown: *Airport transfer*, *Bicycle parking*, *Car park [free of charge]*, *Car park [on-site]*, *Car power charging station*, *Taxi service*, *Valet parking*, *Hotel chain*, *Access*)

The Little Things (That Surprisingly Matter):

  • The staff were, for the most part, lovely and helpful. Always polite and ready to help.
  • The view from the terrace (Terrace) was stunning, especially at sunset.
  • They had a little gift shop (Gift/souvenir shop), because, well, souvenirs.

**(Category Breakdown: *Concierge*, *Daily housekeeping*, *Doorman*, *Dry cleaning*, *Elevator*, *Facilities for disabled guests*, *Gift/souvenir shop*, *Invoice provided*, *Ironing service*, *Laundry service*, *Luggage storage*, *Meeting/banquet facilities*, *Meetings*, *Meeting stationery*, *On-site event hosting*, *Outdoor venue for special events*, *Projector/LED display*, *Safety deposit boxes*, *Seminars*, *Shrine*, *Smoking area*, *Terrace*, *Wi-Fi for special events*, *Xerox/fax in business center*)

The Verdict: Yay or Nay?

Look, the Belvilla Riverfront Retreat in Lucca is not perfect. It has its flaws. But overall? I had a great

Texel Paradise: Stunning Seafront Villa (400m!) - Your Dream Escape Awaits!

Book Now

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my utterly glorious, potentially disastrous, and definitely caffeinated adventure at La Casa sul Fiume 2 in Lucca, Italy. This isn't your pristine, brochure-perfect itinerary. This is the real deal. Expect stray pasta sauce stains and existential crises.

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Pizza Pursuit (Oh, and Jet Lag)

  • 1:00 PM (Lucca Airport…or more realistically, Pisa, because you know…budget airlines): Ugh. The landing. My stomach thinks it’s still in London, and my brain is screaming for caffeine. The charming, vintage Fiat I rented is waiting, and yes, I did get the insurance (lesson learned the hard way in Rome, many moons ago).
  • 2:30 PM (Approx - Let's be honest, Google Maps): Stumbling, bewildered, and vaguely hangry, I arrive at La Casa sul Fiume 2. Finally! The pictures… well, they don’t lie. This place is stunning. Seriously, the way the sun hits the river… I almost wept. Almost. Now, where’s the key…? Ah, found it. This is going to be great. (Narrator: It won't be. This is when the actual tiredness and anxiety kick in.)
  • 3:30 PM (ish): Unpack. Or, attempt to. The suitcase explodes. Clothes everywhere. I have a minor panic attack about what to do with all the luggage. I decide I should probably just leave it and embrace the mess…I think.
  • 4:00 PM (The Pizza Mission Begins): The jet lag is real. But pizza is more real-er. My mission? Find the best pizza in Lucca. Armed with a TripAdvisor list and a ferocious appetite, I venture out. First stop: Da Felice. Omg, it's the real deal. Thin crust, the freshest ingredients, and a total sensory overload. (Opinionated Rant Alert: Tourist traps are bullshit. Locals know best, and this places is a WIN.)
  • 5:30 PM (The Wall Walk of Reckoning): After gorging myself on pizza, I attempt a stroll along the city walls. I imagined a romantic sunset walk. Reality: stumbling over cobblestones, battling crowds, and desperately trying not to fall into the moat. The walls are beautiful, though. Like, ridiculously beautiful. Note to self: comfortable shoes are a LIFE SAVER.
  • 7:00 PM (Aperitivo Hour and the Wine-Induced Contentment): Found a tiny, unassuming bar with a seriously impressive Aperol Spritz. The sunset is pretty, and the wine is making me less anxious. This is the Italian dream, right? This is fine. Everything is fine.
  • 8:00 PM (Dinner - Attempt Number 2): I'd had pizza, BUT I'M. STILL. HUNGRY. I stumble (literally) into another restaurant, and order all the pasta. A proper pasta meal, with a carafe of local wine. I'm starting to think I've cracked the code to life: pasta, wine, repeat.
  • 9:00 PM (Bedtime): Crash. Hard. That jet lag finally caught up.

Day 2: Bikes, Basilica, and the Battle of the Gelato

  • 8:00 AM (The Morning Ritual): Wake up, bleary-eyed, and make coffee. The real coffee. The Italian kind. God, this stuff is good.
  • 9:00 AM (Biking the Walls): Okay, this is it. I'm renting a bike (electric, because, hills). The walls! The view! The wind in my hair! (Okay, maybe not wind. More like a gentle breeze. But still.) I feel like I'm in a movie.
  • 10:30 AM (San Michele - The Church of Many Battles): This church is, like, ancient. And the architecture is stunning. I get a genuine shiver down my spine – the kind you get from proper history. And the stories. The history of this place is the most important to me.
  • 12:00 PM (The Gelato Incident): Gelato time! Armed with a list of "best gelato" places, I set off. First try: disappointing. Second try: slightly better. Third try (the winner): OMG. Pistachio, chocolate, and something else I can't even remember, because I devoured it in about 60 seconds. This is what heaven is made of. My brain is going to explode from happiness.
  • 1:00 PM (Lunch): Trying to eat at the gelato bar would've been a tragedy so I settle for the street food of Lucca.
  • 2:00 PM (The Secret Garden): I got lost again (shocking, I know). But in getting lost, I found a secret garden, hidden behind an ancient wall. It's quiet, peaceful, and full of roses. I sit there for a long time, just breathing in the air. This place is magic.
  • 3:00 PM (Shopping): Found a small boutique with cute jewelry and a new bag!
  • 4:00 PM (Cooking Class - Oh Dear God): Okay, I'm not a chef. I can barely boil an egg. But, I signed up for a cooking class. My teacher, Signora Emilia, is a tiny, energetic woman with the patience of a saint. We make pasta from scratch. It's a disaster. My pasta is lopsided and refuses to hold shape. The sauce splashes everywhere. But, oh my god, it's the most delicious, albeit slightly imperfect, pasta I've ever eaten. The best part? I'm so, so happy.
  • 7:00 PM (Dinner - That Pasta Again): We've been at that cooking class for hours and now we get to eat that pasta!
  • 8:00 PM (Nightlife – The Quiet Kind): A quiet walk along the river. Reflecting. This place has gotten under my skin.

Day 3: Pisa (Maybe… and Absolutely Regrettable Souvenirs)

  • 9:00 AM: (An Attempted Day Trip to Pisa.): "Maybe." The Leaning Tower is a must-see. I actually thought, on the way, "Hey, maybe I should try to avoid the typical tourist traps." Then I saw the tower. It's as ridiculous (and surprisingly beautiful) as everyone says. But it's also insane. I got caught up in the wave of people trying to take goofy pictures of themselves holding the tower up. I gave in and took one. Don't judge me.
  • 10:30 AM (Realizing I Hate Crowds): I try to find a bit of quiet, but the hordes of tourists are too much. I can't breathe. I'm actually starting to feel a bit ill.
  • 12:00 PM (Running Away): I bail. Screw Pisa. Back to Lucca!
  • 1:00 PM (Lunch): By this point, I'm completely frazzled. Fueling myself with another pizza. I don't care.
  • 2:00 PM (Souvenir Shopping – The Regret Begins): Souvenir time! I buy a ridiculous amount of stuff. Keychains. Postcards. A tiny, hand-painted ceramic frog wearing a chef's hat (???). I'm that tourist. I'll probably regret every single purchase later.
  • 3:00 PM (Park Hangs): Park. Staring at the sky. Contemplating everything and nothing.
  • 4:00 PM (More Gelato – Just Because): You can never have too much gelato. End of discussion.
  • 6:00 PM (Farewell Dinner): A final, glorious dinner at a Trattoria. The food is amazing. The wine flows. I'm already nostalgic, even though I'm not leaving yet.
  • 7:00 PM (A Final Walk): A walk around the city walls to soak everything in.
  • 8:00 PM (Packing): The time has come..sigh

Day 4: Departure (with a Heaping Helping of Longing)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Have a final cup of coffee on my balcony, watching the sun rise over the river. The beauty of this place is unreal.
  • 9:00 AM: Pack. Say goodbye to my beautiful temporary home.
  • 10:00 AM: Head to the Pisa Airport.
  • 11:00 AM: Ugh.

Okay, it's not perfect. It's messy. I got lost. Ate too much. Bought way too many souvenirs. But it's mine. And I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I'll be back, Lucca. You absolute gem. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have

Croatia's Dream Villa: Panoramic Imotski Views Await!

Book Now

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy```html

Escape to Tuscany: Luxurious Belvilla Riverfront Retreat in Lucca - The Absolute Truth (and a Few Rants)

Okay, so you're thinking about this Belvilla in Lucca, yeah? The one all sunshine and river views? Let's cut the crap and get real. I've been, and I'll tell you EVERYTHING. Buckle up.

Is it REALLY luxurious? Like, actual luxury, or just…clean sheets and a decent shower?

Alright, let's be clear: "luxurious" is subjective. Coming from my slightly-above-average-income reality, YES, it felt pretty darn fancy. Like, the linen sheets were probably *better* than what I have at home... which, let's be honest, is a feat. The kitchen? Gorgeous. But here's the thing… it’s NOT a five-star hotel. Think more... beautifully appointed, a tad old-world charm, with a healthy dose of “this place has history, and it *shows*.”

The shower? Glorious. Seriously, the water pressure alone almost moved me to tears of joy. And the little toiletries? Not some cheap, scratchy-plastic nonsense. Decent stuff. Okay, okay... I might have snagged a few extras. Don't judge me! It was a *treat*.

What’s the deal with the riverfront? Is it actually...nice?

Oh, the riverfront. The *reason* you're probably even considering this place. Okay, so the views? Stunning. Especially at sunset. Like, genuinely breathtaking. I spent a solid hour just sitting there with a glass of wine (or three) watching the light change. It does, at times, feel like a postcard. A really, really lovely postcard.

Now, the 'messy' bit... the river isn’t exactly crystal clear. It's a *river*, folks. It has...river-y things in it. Leaves, maybe some...questionable flotsam. Don't expect to go swimming unless you're feeling particularly adventurous (and possibly immune to all known diseases). But the visual? The ambiance? The sheer feeling of tranquility? Worth it. A thousand times over.

Lucca itself – is it worth the hype?

Lucca. Oh, Lucca. Prepare to fall head-over-heels. Seriously. It's like stepping into a fairytale, but without the cheesy Disney soundtrack. The walls! You can cycle *around* the whole city on top of them! I felt like a proper local, dodging toddlers and overly-enthusiastic tourists (guilty!).

The food? Forget about it. Every single meal was divine. From the tiny trattorias with grumpy old waiters (who secretly love you, I swear) to the fancy places with plates that look like miniature works of art. I ate so much pasta, I’m probably 50% carb at this point. No regrets. Okay, maybe a few. My jeans are definitely tighter.

What about the Belvilla *itself*? Any hidden gotchas?

Right, the Belvilla. Okay, the biggest "gotcha" - and it's not a huge deal, but be warned - is that the Wi-Fi *can* be a little sketchy. Which, honestly, I kind of loved. Forcefully unplugged from the internet? Yes, please! (Though, if you're *desperate* for a connection, ask the owner for options. They were super helpful).

Also… it’s old. Charming, right? Yes. But "old" also means there might be the occasional creaky floorboard, or a slightly stubborn lock on a door. Nothing to sweat, just…part of the character. And the character is GREAT!

The kitchen! Did you *actually* cook?

Okay, so here’s my moment of shame. I *intended* to cook. I really, REALLY did. I bought gorgeous fresh produce at the market. I even got fancy olive oil. And then… well, the local restaurants happened. And the wine. And the deliciousness of everything.

I, shamefully, only made a few salads. But! The kitchen *is* fantastic. All the gear. All the space. You COULD cook a Michelin-star meal in that kitchen. I just...didn't. Hey, I was on vacation! I would have, if I had been less *distracted*.

Any advice for getting around? Car? Bike? Walking?

Absolutely. Lucca is a cycling and walking heaven. You can rent bikes basically everywhere. Cycling those city walls? Unforgettable. You *could* bring a car, but honestly, you probably won't need it *inside* the city walls. Parking can be…interesting. I'd say: arrive, park (outside the walls, preferably!), and then *live* inside those walls. Bike, walk, get lost. Embrace it.

If you want to explore outside Lucca, a car makes sense. The surrounding countryside is stunning. Honestly, hire a car, drive slowly, and get utterly lost at least once. That way you get the real experience.

Is it family-friendly?

Yes, I think it's family-friendly. There’s plenty of space, especially in the garden. My personal experience? Solo trip. Bliss! But I saw other families having a blast. Lucca itself is very safe. The bike rides are a huge hit with kids (once you get used to the Italian traffic, which is mostly… well, *organised chaos*).

However… if you have *very* young, super-energetic children, the riverfront might be a bit of a concern. There are no fences, and the river *is* a river. Constant supervision required. But honestly, most kids would love it! Just...keep an eye on them!

Would you go back?

Without a second thought. In fact, I'm already mentally planning my return. It was one of those trips that just…gets under your skin. The food, the wine, the history, the feeling of just… being there, breathing in the Tuscan air…it's addictive.

So, yeah. Go. Just…go. And eat all the pasta for me, okay?

``` Staynado

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy

Belvilla by OYO La Casa sul Fiume 2 Lucca Italy